Bamboo Strip plank?

I thought bamboo was thin and had those knot things every foot or so. That timber has to be 25-30mm thik and looks clean as a wistle. If it is bamboo, I imagine it being very strong and stiff. But I also imagine you would have to drill every nail hole. Could be wrong, just guessing.

Bamboo is cool stuff. Just starting to be seen thru skis/kiteboards/longboards a bit more, nice combo of flex/bounce/weight/bouancy...

I can vouch tho, that unless its a fair bit different to what i have been mucking around with, then ripping it into rectangles, and running a router around it on a template is about as much detail as you want to go for.. Kinda like those 1.0 mm veneers, but the splinters are like string :!:

Sharp tools :thumbup:

Have also used a bit of bamboo woven ply, which is easier to use than the flooring planks, but hard to get a normal finish.

Looks pretty risky to me. 1 little herd of Panda's stumbles across your boat on the way home after a big night out on the piss and they could munch their way back to the mast bulkhead in a couple of hours. :sick:

:lol: Luv your work :lol:

Archived