Williston Force a/c

A waste of time and money. Just one step up from a fan, in that it uses evaporating moisture to cool the air the fan is blowing out into the room. Max that can be achieved this way with a large proper unit is ruffly 3deg below ambient. So I doubt this thing is going to do anything.

I was given something similar last year for a birthday or something.

Surprisingly effective if you're sitting in the flow of cooled air, but didn't seem to actually cool the room.

I've been told that the best way to cool a boat on a windless day is a black polythene sheet suspended just above the main hatch. Apparently the heat causes some type of convection through the cabin. *

* I've never tried it, if it's that hot, go swimming or something.

At the moment I am sitting under one....and it has cooled the house down by 6 degrees since we got home 2 hrs ago. However..... we are in Alice Springs ( home BOI Nz). It works so well here due to the dry climate having little moisture but when the humidity rises the ability to cool dramatically decreases. They call them swampies  here. The dry air is cooled by the water. With the humidity being high by the coast, it will be a lot less effective...so Darwin has very few. Hope this helps. Michael