Help please: need to get new burners for gas stove

Any ideas on how to get new burners for an older gas stove that is no longer manufactured.

I know we can buy a relatively cheap replacement stove, but most are like cooking with a candle under a biscuit tin. The stove we are trying to get re-burner-ed is a Richmond Ring Co Shipmate - a nice cast ali body with sheet steel side panels etc.

4326070471_ddd20fa937_z.jpg?zz=1

To my eye we could just get some generic burners, valves and line and have our pet plumber/gasfitter redo it... but everyone tells me to parts specific to it (but can't supply them)

Any help greatly appreciated.

Jenny at Algies Bay

When I bought WaiAniwa it had a very old cooker which didn't work and after numerous enquiries I was recommended to a guy out Takanini/Weymouth way that fixed all that kind of stuff from out of his garage. He got it going no trouble. Alas I have I have no idea who he is now. But ask around the marine gas appliance guys, they may know.

You need to find an old Gasfitter. Someone close to retirement. A craftsman. These young guys today just know how to fix what is there. No one makes or engineers stuff anymore. They don't know how to do it and it is safer to just say no you have to get the proper parts.

Richmond Ring is still an operating business, PO Box 375, Souderton, PA 18964, United States

(215)855-2609, but I can't tell from the listing if they still make cookers. If you were here in the Pacific Northwest, I'd suggest Sure Marine (www.suremarine.com) in Seattle. They installed new kerosene burners in an old Shipmate stove I had many years ago, and they still service the local commercial fishing fleet and those guys never replace anything if it can be fixed. They don't show Shipmate as a brand they sell today, but no doubt they still work on them and they may have parts for you.

Thanks for the tips guys, and thank you Bill for pointing out that Richmond Ring are still around - for some reason I thought they'd closed down: no idea why

Archived