Live aboard with couple dogs

Hi guys, im looking to move into a 32 foot boat, i got few questions, i never live aboard in NZ as im from Brazil and there i use to live aboard with my dog. Now the problem, i cant find a marina that allow me to live with my dogs, any ideas or marinas that it should be ok? i try west park, bayswater, pina, pier 21 all of then i guess. Any good ideas? Please help me as i really need to live on my boat because that's what i have done m whole life.

Thanks a lots

It's further out of the city but try Gulf Harbour, I think they are dog friendly, I've certainly seen a few dogs around from visiting boats but I'm not sure about the permanent liveaboard situation.

Yeah I know but I'm in new Zealand lol. I don't understand why is so hard o get a berth for me andmy boat as it's my boat n my dogs are quiet lol. Any one ideas? Plz? Has to be in Auckland bur I don't mind travel a bit like gulf harbour etc

no idea about liveaboards and dogs, but:

Auckland, Bayswater Marina

Auckland, Gulf Harbour Marina

Auckland, Half Moon Bay Marina

Auckland, Hobson West Marina

Auckland, Milford Mariners Incorporated

Auckland, Orakei Marina

Auckland, Pier21 Limited

Auckland, Pine Harbour Marina

Auckland, Viaduct Harbour Limited

Auckland, West Park Marina

Auckland, Westhaven Marina

Bucklands Beach, Bucklands Beach Yacht Club Marina

Sounds like you have explored all the Auckland options for now. Suggest you ask GH to put you on their wait list and call them once a week (nicely) til they bump you to the top. Or even go visit them if you think your dogs are cute enough to sway Michelle at the berthing office!

That's true but if I call them and I rent a berth then they find I got dogs it may be a problem right?

It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission, so maybe you need to change your tack and not even mention the dogs and if/when you get rumbled act dumb!

Sadly a large number of irresponsible dog owners have ruined it for you. Around WXY pier in Westhaven is a 4 legged sh*t-factory. If I could have identified the owner I'd have thrown it in their cockpit. Every week there was another turd to step around.

teach the dogs to "meow" and call them kitties! :-) On a serious note, the Maritime Museum right in the heart of the city sometimes has vessels stay there or try viaduct basin. Expect to PAY for the privialge though! Now if you were a blind sailor and the dogs were....

I watched a woman walking her dog in the marina one morning. There are signs up everywhere saying you have to have them of a leash and pick up after them and below each sign is a roll of plastic bags. She allowed Poochie to take a squat right under the sign and then they walked off leaving the little pile of steaming mess sitting there. I couldn't believe it.

Well because people like that must of the marinas don't want allow me to live on the boat with my dogs. I got dogs and i hate when I see someone with dogs letting they take a sh.... and no picking up. But well I'm still trying I won't give up if anyone can help me to get a berth anywhere in Auckland it ll be great. Also what could happ if I never say I got a dog n they find it? They ll quick me out right? I don't really want do things on wrong way, some times I wish I had a friend with a waterfront house lol so I could just live on he's on berth lol

Just a tip for those with a dog sh*t problem.Squirt peanut butter on the turds and the dogs will clean it up.When the owners figure out what is happening they will not bring their dogs there.Unfortunately the peanut butter is a bit expensive but it may have some entertainment value. :D

Archived