IRC ORC for Elliott 1050, Young 11 or Similar

Cameron

Ok I see.

"Allowable sevices must provide the same information to all boats and not provide boat specific weather routing information"

I can see how you would read it that way. I think that "services" clarifies it. Everyone is allowed readily available information to apply to their own boats (whether they're paying for it or not)

What's not allowed is some guru in an office or some other advanced setup sussing out your next move or providing an analysis after checking out the map and then posting it on a personalised website.

At least I think I've got it right.

As long as I do my own weather routing and use GRIB files downloaded from a source freely available to everyone, and not boat specific... ie not a privately setup just for me source

Then no worries !!!

And still..... we wait..........

:wtf:

Dibley and Cameron.

I was refering to the off shore races run from NZ so you guys are right. I recall wiining the Air New Zealand International inshore serries IMS regatta in Sunday Sun, a 30ft Warwick beating all the purpose built IMS boats including the Mumm 36's. These were all windward - leward races so the bigger boats dont get going .. Not only will a 10.20 do well under IRC, ( I know you have Cameron) You could win with a Chico 30 which had a gift rating under IMS.

And to Dibley, The new RP must do well in the NZ races ( off shore ) for 2 reasons, the first being it will be the latest IRC rated boat and the 2nd is that there will be very few boats in the races which have an IRC rating. And it will be well sailed. Happy to put a bottle of rum on that one.

The test will be the Aussie regattas.

Ray Haslar is too good of a sailor to put a rum against him so I'll pass on that one :wink: , but as far as R/P go, they will need to launch their design within a very narrow rating to do well either in NZ (or Australia). It will be a difficult ask considering the Trial Ratings from RORC are just that, trial, and full of presumptions. If this is the 2nd of that design being launched, then no problems, they can learn from the first and tweak EED to to be competitive.

With that said, I do hope, for Ray's sake, that the risk goes his way, as a million dollar yacht is alot of money....

And still..... we wait..........

:wtf:

Dibley and Cameron.

I was refering to the off shore races run from NZ so you guys are right. I recall wiining the Air New Zealand International inshore serries IMS regatta in Sunday Sun, a 30ft Warwick beating all the purpose built IMS boats including the Mumm 36's. These were all windward - leward races so the bigger boats dont get going .. Not only will a 10.20 do well under IRC, ( I know you have Cameron) You could win with a Chico 30 which had a gift rating under IMS.

And to Dibley, The new RP must do well in the NZ races ( off shore ) for 2 reasons, the first being it will be the latest IRC rated boat and the 2nd is that there will be very few boats in the races which have an IRC rating. And it will be well sailed. Happy to put a bottle of rum on that one.

The test will be the Aussie regattas.

Ray Haslar is too good of a sailor to put a rum against him so I'll pass on that one :wink: , but as far as R/P go, they will need to launch their design within a very narrow rating to do well either in NZ (or Australia). It will be a difficult ask considering the Trial Ratings from RORC are just that, trial, and full of presumptions. If this is the 2nd of that design being launched, then no problems, they can learn from the first and tweak EED to to be competitive.

With that said, I do hope, for Ray's sake, that the risk goes his way, as a million dollar yacht is alot of money....

Think its getting a new rudder...

Archived