Rant - I farkin hate Jetski maggots

tuffyluffy

One major issue is young kids ridining these things at breakneck speeds with little to no safety gear being worn. Firstly they break the law at going faster than 10knts if under the age of 15. Secondly, some of these machines easily do 160km/hr on the water now. Anyone coming off at even half that speed could break their neck (litteraly) when they hit the water. Yet I rarely see neck protection and in many instances, not even a helmet and mostly just a ski vest. People seem to think they can't come to any harm because they are on "forgiving" water.

oh they stop pretty darn quick when a rapala digs in........

Rapala?? what a waste.

I caught and stopped a Genisis 32 with one of them $3 plastic old school ones just off Rakino last Xmas. And I laughed the entire time as the 200mts of line he wrapped around his prop was stuffed and had to go anyway. I do miss the lure though.

Hmmmm, I reckon you need to import some "special" cordage KM. I can only explain it as a string that has an abrasive compound on it and you can actually cut through steel with it by simply pulling it back and forward....just like flossing your teeth. Troll that stuff in the path of a to close and speeding stinkpotter :twisted:

Over in Somalia there are Russian tour operators offering pirate shooting tours on boats with mercenary soldiers on board for protection. Apparently they guarantee that you'll "bag one". Is there a market for something like that here only with different targets?

Archived