Rant - I farkin hate Jetski maggots

tuffyluffy

I was down at the marina doing some maintenance on the boat yesterday, and some skumbag, dip-shyt, sea-maggot jet skier decided to open-it-up down a fairway (20+ kts I estimate) and send a bunch of boats rolling around in there berths. The wake this maggot threw out was far more than any launch at 5knts. Unfortunately, by the time I got my head out of the hatch, I couldn’t see the rego numbers, or make, model etc.

One day I’m going to get one of these little maggots, have it cut in half, mounted and hung above my fireplace.

Then in my old age when the kids ask about the jetski above the fire, I can tell them the story of how I speared one while out sailing.

I’ve just registered on a jetski forum and once I get access, Im going to start a shyt fight.

Feel free to chime in with your anti jet ski rant.

Had a really satisfy day several years ago, was alongside Queens wharf in Wellington, jet skiers racing up and down squirting water into the port holes that were open,

Got the slingshot and water bombs out, third shot and I nailed one of the ****wits in the back of the head - he fell off his jetski, 4th or 5th shot and got the other numpty on the front of his jet ski, they both left the area, we got cheered by the crowd on the wharf.

the Slingshot is very easy to make, biggest problem on a yacht is the room to fire one as you need 3m pull back and 2 others to help you.

Can't help wondering how the slingshot would have gone with, say, a small melon, eggplant or cabbage. :thumbup:

I’ve just registered on a jetski forum and once I get access, Im going to start a shyt fight.

Don't forget to throw in some questions about whether jet-skiing in NZ is has gone to the pack, and whether Jetski NZ is to blame for focusing on the elite athletes. A couple of different personalities backing up each other's comments could also be helpful.

You may find it easier than you realised to get something started...

Nice start rigger.

Any idea on how to get tar and feathers into the water balloon?

have not done tar and feathers but have done thick custard put it in a squeeze bottle water bomb over the nozzle, squeeze bottle all good, by the way I got hit by one of them from about a 70 feet away, was wearing a buoyancy aid and still ended up bruised on the chest - yes it did knock me over

Wooww, right now 425 people on that seaflea forum, 213 are guests.

I wonder how many of us here are in the guests? :)

No seaflea worries last weekend but the Ports of Auckland got a rude note from me yesterday about it's Pilot boat going past us at full titty 10-15mts away off 9 Buoy on Sat evening. The brain dead w^&#$@r.

I was doing the Puhoi river Kayak, and we were still way inland, before the half way mark, and one of these fellas came past, not exactly flying, but not slowly. there was another dude on the back adding to the size of the wake.

The driver was in full war gear, looked like a motocross rider with a lifejacket on, didn't help my attitude.

I gave them a dirty look, the chap on the back said something to the driver, they slowed down a bit as they passed the people behind me, but it would really shake up someone who wasn't so hot in a kayak.

Tossers. can't get away from them!

Yeah yeah, should have remembered the rego number, they were close enough too!

I was doing the Puhoi river Kayak, and we were still way inland, before the half way mark, and one of these fellas came past, not exactly flying, but not slowly. there was another dude on the back adding to the size of the wake.

The driver was in full war gear, looked like a motocross rider with a lifejacket on, didn't help my attitude.

I gave them a dirty look, the chap on the back said something to the driver, they slowed down a bit as they passed the people behind me, but it would really shake up someone who wasn't so hot in a kayak.

Tossers. can't get away from them!

Yeah yeah, should have remembered the rego number, they were close enough too!

Kayak paddles can do a good amount of damage if used correctly - just make sure you are carrying a spare :)

I reckon they should lift all the harbour regulations and controls on sea fleas, just let them go nuts, as fast as they want as close to anything they want :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

The reason?

I love it when two crash, its like two for the price of one :thumbup:

They'll kill themselves off good and quick :wave: :wave:

Darwin thoery in demonstration :lol: :lol:

Wouldn't it just warm your day seeing one of those embedded on the Harbour Bridge piles :lol: :lol:

One thing about the seafleas is they aren't as bad these days as they used to be 'as a hole', or it appears that way. Still pleanty of one-off dickheads though and I vote for the shotgun as well. No mucking around and the outcome will mean burley so more fish for the rest of us.

hmm, not that im in favour of it, but would i see support our outcry from these posters if i were to bring up a skippers drivers license/qualification? Just asking... :wink: Because Im pretty sure the shotgun will sort out both scenarios.

One major issue is young kids ridining these things at breakneck speeds with little to no safety gear being worn. Firstly they break the law at going faster than 10knts if under the age of 15. Secondly, some of these machines easily do 160km/hr on the water now. Anyone coming off at even half that speed could break their neck (litteraly) when they hit the water. Yet I rarely see neck protection and in many instances, not even a helmet and mostly just a ski vest. People seem to think they can't come to any harm because they are on "forgiving" water.

Was parked up drifting just off Rangi on Saturday having a bit of a swim and a bite of lunch when a jetski came screaming (25 - 30 kts) through the moored fishing boats giving them 1.5 - 2m clearance (max). I was waiting for them to collect someones anchor warp but sadly they didnt. They got closer and oh lookee here - Dad on the back and 10 year old kid doing the driving. F'n Great.

Archived