Still no racing under L3.S2 - YNZ

Yachting NZ and Sport New Zealand have updated their advice on what the latest L3.S2 rules mean for sailing and racing. 

The main government recommendations to come out of the last few days for Alert Level 3, Step 2 are as follows:

• Double-handed and keelboat sailing with people outside your household is not allowed
  • Organised racing and events are not allowed
  • Overnight stays on boats are not allowed (in the same way overnighting at your bach is prohibited)

We are bitterly disappointed the move to Alert Level 3, Step 2 has seen no significant changes for yachting and boating clubs in these regions, other than an increase in gatherings up to 25 people, but we will continue to strongly advocate on your behalf for greater freedoms because we think many aspects of our sport can be carried out safely.

Full advice here. https://www.yachtingnz.org.nz/clubs/covid-19-latest-updates

I find it annoying that some people believe they can go away for the weekend anyway. I know the deodar is visiting boats and if they are being responsible moving on.

Not worth the hassle or bad press so a considered approach.  But if we are in lockdown at Xmas don't  complain. 

• Upvote 1

true, however, I fail to see how, if I can sail my boat with my family on board, staying in a bay overnight at anchor produces any more risk to me, or anyone else?

Where's the logic here, if I ain't out of my bubble or interacting with anyone?

30 minutes ago, alibaba said:

true, however, I fail to see how, if I can sail my boat with my family on board, staying in a bay overnight at anchor produces any more risk to me, or anyone else?

Where's the logic here, if I ain't out of my bubble or interacting with anyone?

But you can go to the Mall and mix n mingle with???

There is no logic to it especially now dermatologist are arguing amongst themselves and "Bloom" has the final say