Zhik

bene_sails

Thank You, I did wonder.

Next question is how do they make up these names - last week I was subjected to watching the female family members inspect fingernail polish, you should see the idiot names they have for the various colours, worse than the paint companies.

Nail polish gives off some wicked fumes.

Suburban Reptile built by 2 stoners but the Queen Elizabeth II wasn't.

Jethro Tull, stoners plays The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, the cucumber sandwich brigade.

Says it all really, if you want a trick name just use good drugs, simple :)

As for zhik, could just be a cause of a Aussie trying to spell Shiek (as in the 'to look good' way rather than a Arab) probably. They can't even make a decent beer so probably have crap drugs as well :lol:

you should see the idiot names they have for the various colours, worse than the paint companies.

My pet hate is rediculous (often made up) terms on pretentious menus e.g. medallions, carpaccios, veloutés, tempura, aged balsamic (bit like me then), coulis, julienne, jus of xxxx, pan-fired or oven-roasted (like how else do you fry/roast something)???

Oh and come the day I go to a restaurant and the waiter does NOT say "And today's fish of the day is pan-fried snapper" I'll run for Pope.

Oh and come the day I go to a restaurant and the waiter does NOT say "And today's fish of the day is pan-fried snapper" I'll run for Pope

So ..... there's a lot of pan-fried snapper on the menu in Mumbai restaurants??? :wink:

I like waiters who introduce themselves

"Hello , I'm Cecil and I will be your server tonight".

I like to stand up, shake their hand, then introduce them to everyone at the table one at a time.

I like to stand up, shake their hand, then introduce them to everyone at the table one at a time.

What the hell is wrong with introducing themselves? Seems polite to me.

I'd feel stink if i was out to dinner with you and you made a fool of him/her by introducing them to everyone.

My pet hate is rediculous (often made up) terms on pretentious menus

Some of those terms are on the menus to stop complaints from diners. For instance "carpaccio" is a term for meat seared on teh outside and raw in the middle. If they didn't tell you that before you ordered you might complain about the seriously undercooked meat. And, of course, "beef carpaccio" is a lot nicer than saying "mostly raw cow's arse". The "pan fried" refers to fried without lots of fat (like deep fried) ... so pan fried fish is expected to be relatively fat free.

Some of it is undoubtedly unmitigated wank, but some of it is actually useful information (albeit dressed up all fancy like).

What the hell is wrong with introducing themselves? Seems polite to me.

I'd feel stink if i was out to dinner with you and you made a fool of him/her by introducing them to everyone.

Depends how you do it. I can normally have them laughing before I'm half way through, then we continue to have a great evening.

Last time I did it we ended up inviting the guy to come visit us (he has ) and spend the day at the beach. He was a new arrival and an engineer and the restaurant job was just till he could get work in his field. Nice guy.

I would go so far to say that Zhik make THE BEST dinghy gear around - but the price tag is prohibitive...

I prefer to go for Rooster, which a local guy is selling for about half the price of zhik (often less than half) yet the gear is still about 80% as good as zhik. Zhik is better, but not twice the price better.

btw - zhik rhymes with mike....

My pet hate is rediculous (often made up) terms on pretentious menus e.g. [...] pan-fired or oven-roasted (like how else do you fry/roast something)???

Frying:

1. Directly on a BBQ grill. (A real bbq, not an outdoor gas cooker)

2. On a hot plate, either on a bbq or in a restaurant kitchen.

3. In a deep frier.

Roasting:

1. In a webber BBQ, with the lid closed - delicious.

2. On a rostisary, either over an open fire, or in a rotisary equipped oven or BBQ.

3. In a pot, as in a "pot-roast".

Oh and come the day I go to a restaurant and the waiter does NOT say "And today's fish of the day is pan-fried snapper" I'll run for Pope.

Seriously? Do they have snapper in Mumbai? :D

Ah sheesh I just saw that Grinna beat me to it! :lol:

Archived