For AA - preparations for the new boat

rigger

You said that very nicely Knot Me, thankyou.

And I guess I have had a few too many waves in the face.

Remember that there is nothing worse than a reformed smoker, and I guess the same goes for an ex mono sailor. I wouldn't say I'm semi paranoid, is it that I've seen the light? :shifty: :shifty:

No need to be self justifying, I AM right 8) 8)

One eyed? no, I'm willing to accept that some people just can't see the light :lol: :lol:

All joking aside, which mono gives me what I have now with Putiki at the price (no forget the price) taking into a/c all the following points

1. Speed (forget all trailor sailors, I do NOT want to go upwind at max 6 knots)

2. comfort, ie flat sailing

3. anchoring on the beach

4. sitting safely on a trailer in weather like this.

I do not need

1. An offshore cruiser

2. A boat that needs a rugby team to sail her

3. Something to spend 6 weeks cruising on

I wish I had discovered multis while we had the boys sailing with us. We would go out for 2 to 3 nights in a Sabre 20. How much more fun it would have been on a tri, with the nets to give all that extra room.

Different people like different things, and what I want I get on a tri, and I'm not gonna apologise for being passionate about tris. If I was like you, Knot Me, drudgery could possibly come from a Trimaran, that's why God made us all different.

All the F boats are bloody nice eh John! My preparations for the new boat are still to get off the ground.

1. go sailing in a tri - check

2. As a result of step 1, lose interest in sailing monos any more - check

3. sell boat...

All joking aside, which mono gives me what I have now with Putiki at the price (no forget the price) taking into a/c all the following points

1. Speed (forget all trailor sailors, I do NOT want to go upwind at max 6 knots)

2. comfort, ie flat sailing

3. anchoring on the beach

4. sitting safely on a trailer in weather like this.

It's knot a mono V Multi debate John. As many has there have been, there is no clear winner and there never will be as it is TOTALLY IMPOSSIBLE to say one is better than the other when talking in general terms. Sure there are specific areas where one is better than the other but generally speaking one isn't better than the other.

It's word use and a growing boredom with people professing something that isn't true and can easily be countered by the negatives. You'll notice the previous statement didn't mention hull numbers as it applies equally to all boats, even if maybe knot the owners of some ;)

1 - You probably couldn't do better, generally speaking or without getting even wetter on the trip.

2 - Monos can be as comfortable as multis and at times more so. Invalid argument for one over the other. And to say you're always sailing 'flat' isn't quite 100% accurate is it really. I've seen you leaning and Shhh... don't look at your avatar. Bit bit of leaner action going on there for sure ;) But I do know what you mean.

3 - Monos can anchor on a beach and some are far larger than your boat. Again invalid argument mostly.

4 - More monos on trailers than multis. So invalid argument again.

And we are back to just 'speed'. Take that out of the mix and the options are quite large.

But in your situation for what you want to use her for the mighty PE is probably close as the best you'll get, again generally speaking even if we would both prefer Kant Know over what we have. So a good choice for you right now is probably exactly what you have. And as I know you enjoy her and use her a lot, that would confirm that call.

KM I think if you look at the posts, you turned it into a mono vs multi debate! Anyway this post is all about me and you should not steal my 30 seconds of fame :shock: :lol:

Find someone to buy my boat if you want to be helpful! Better still buy it yourself - you seem to have plenty of readies to throw around!

:) Just explaining why the word drudgery was incorrect and speed should have been the one used. It did involve dispelling some common myths ;)

Me have piles of readies??? If I did I'd be posting this from a big Multi, knot a desk while shirking from what I should be doing :) :) :)

Post you boat on a Aussie website, ya just never know with our exchange rate at the moment. Just a thought.

Archived