Emotional Rescue

smithy09

Personally I think it is pretty rude to discuss what 'we' perceive as the value of a boat for sale on this forum.

Perhaps different if someone is asking advice as to a boat they want to buy, but otherwise all that I imagine happens is the owners/sellers get annoyed. There are always people that might pay what i being asked, so let it be.

not just this boat in particular, but in general

You're probably right. Removed that post.

Personally I think it is pretty rude to discuss what 'we' perceive as the value of a boat for sale on this forum.

Hmmm, no I don't think it's a problem. It is after all what "we" perceive. But in saying that, ones here will have a very good idea of the layout of the ball park in these world economic times. There will always be opinions on value, just like Homes and Cars. I think those with this kind of boat in mind, along with $670K to spare, will be vary aware of the market value.

Given the length of time that some boats sit on Trademe that could take a very long time to establish a sale price in some cases.

The value of anything is what somebody is willing to pay for it. If you're not in a hurry to sell something then there's a certain logic to sticking a large price tag on it and see if someone is willing to bite.

The value of anything is what somebody is willing to pay for it.

Exactly, but you could add, summed by what someone is willing to let it go at, or the desparetness in which it needs to be sold.

That sort of quality refit puts the boat in a category where it would / could compete for a new boat buyer.

Or maybe a launch owner... ex yachty gone to the dark side and who is sick of paying $900 at the diesel pump for a return trip to Kawau.

You only need one buyer.

Archived