This looks way overpriced

ab1974

Not wanting to start a thread debating "something is worth what you are willing to pay for it" but just saw this on TM.

Having recently done up a 26' yacht from scratch I know how much things cost and have a reasonable idea on what yachts are worth or what people are aking for them.

Reckon this guy needs a lot of luck if he can get $25k for this.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motor ... 964992.htm

Am I missing something? Apologies if this is a orge member, but I just can't seem to get my head around it. Seems there is an extra '0' on the price that shouldn't be there?

Hmmm...I will stay away from some of the more loaded questions but as someone who also owns a boat powered by a 10 horse Bukh, I am not sure it would be quite the power plant for a steel boat of this size.

Agreed there are some loaded questions, not trying to be an ar5e.

Bukh 10hp would seem a little underpowered. But there is a load of work to get this in the water, and half finished yachts are a bugger to sell.

Dam Me I have a 30' H28 Sailing, painted, with a NEW 20hp yanmar you can have for another 5 grand.

Okay Okay I take back what I said in the past looks like there are some self stimulator's on both sides of the fence.

What would you get for scrap steel, $300 per tonne? Dunn o what it weighs but 4 tonnes so maybe worth $1,200 all up. So yeah $25k seems optimistic.

just got 55cents per kg for scrap steel so 4 tonnes would be $2200.

any lead?

There was a bit of bronze so that would add a few more dollars......

Quite often it goes like this ...

Cauldron Attendant "You better sell that boat."

Bloke "But I want to keep it."

Cauldron Attendant "If you don't get rid of it I will make your life a misery."

Bloke "Alright then. I will put it up for sale, just for you."

Strewth offender that's not a hell of a lot more than the price of the Yanmar

I know but I had to charge a bit extra cause the diesel tank is full and that stuff aint cheep nowdays :D

Archived