Sail Noumea 2012

from what iv picked up on starlight is heading to brisi with me onboard....no idea who else at this stage. whats the general direction of the wind between noumea and brisi? if its on the snotter i may need some extra incentive.

then plan to do keppel and hamo.

anyone wanna sponsor me 1 month off in june and another in august? at this stage it could end up costing me a few bob

from what iv picked up on starlight is heading to brisi with me onboard....no idea who else at this stage. whats the general direction of the wind between noumea and brisi? if its on the snotter i may need some extra incentive.

then plan to do keppel and hamo.

anyone wanna sponsor me 1 month off in june and another in august? at this stage it could end up costing me a few bob

Wind between Noumea and Brisbane is always on the stern quarter.

Hammo and Airlie are good value - very much worth it.

Lucky you have an Aussie on board to act as translator and cultural liaison.

well...there could be a few ausies onboard. which of them are you talking about?

and stern quarter i like that. get the train on its tracks. i got a speed record to break too, mythical as it may be.

well...there could be a few ausies onboard. which of them are you talking about?

and stern quarter i like that. get the train on its tracks. i got a speed record to break too, mythical as it may be.

Careful how many Australians you accumulate. With a critical mass they form colonies and take over the joint.

The best way to get the speed record is to jump on the PC and momentarily adjust the B&G preferences so the log reads 20kts faster.

The next in our series of seminars is in association with Evolution Sails and NZ Rigging

Rig and Sail Considerations for the Ocean Yachtsman

• Rodney Keenan of Evolution Sails to present on sails and sail repair for ocean sailing

• Richard Bearda of NZ Rigging & Spars to explain rig considerations, maintenance, and preparation for offshore sailing

On Thursday 3rd of November RAYC is proud to host the third Sail Noumea 2012 seminar series.

This seminar which starts at 1830hrs will feature Richard ( Bart ) Bearda from NZ Rigging and Rodney Keenan from Evolution sails. The presenters will outline all aspects of keeping your rig and sails working for you while at sea.

In addition they will demonstrate how to deal with problems that may arise including getting rid of a rig in an emergency, and making repairs to damaged sails at sea.

This is a practical seminar which should not be missed by any yachtsman who is thinking of making an ocean passage now or in the near future.

Rodney will lead a hands on sail repair session and Bart will have a full rig scale model on display to help him explain everything you need to know to ensure your rig is in top condition to venture offshore.

If you are thinking about competing in Sail Noumea 2012, have an interest in offshore sailing or if you are interested in sail design and repair or rig design and maintenance you are welcome at RAYC on 3rd of November. The bar will be open from 1730hrs. A selection of light food will be served. Presentations will begin at the earlier time of 1830hrs.

More information about this Seminar and Sail Noumea 2012 can be found at www.sailnoumea.com. The website is the source of all the latest information and news about the race and includes: A timer counting down the time to the start of the race, boat and crew profiles of current entries, live race tracking when the race is underway, Notice of Race, Sailing Instructions, an online entry form, and all the forms required for a paper entry.

The Sail Noumea Facebook page at www.facebook.com/sailnoumea will continue to be updated with useful information. It’s a great way for sailors intending to join Sail Noumea to stay in touch.

Anyone who wishes to attend the seminar or to register their interest in the race can do so by e-mailing Kevin@rayc.org.nz with boat name, e-mail, and phone contact details.

If you are in Auckland on Thursday night the 3rd November come down to RAYC for the third Sail Noumea seminar. Rodney Keenan (Evolution Sails) and Richard Beard (NZ Rigging & Spars) will present a "hands on" session on everything you need to know about sails and sail repair for offshore sailing, and rig preperation, maintenance and repair for offshore sailing. This will be a very informative session no matter what type of sailing you do. The bar will be open, the beer will be cold, finger food will be provided and presentations will start at 1830hrs.

Archived