Sail Noumea 2012

So who is interested in Sail Noumea 2012? Already Limit and Starlight Express confirmed, and Marshall Law expressed a strong interest :D

So who is interested in Sail Noumea 2012? Already Limit and Starlight Express confirmed, and Marshall Law expressed a strong interest :D

Jeeze, looks like I might be going. Got a few things to tick off first.. Cat 1, survival course, the "OK" from the other half.... Actually, she would say YES and fly up.... Could be a great adventure.

Akarana are putting together a pretty good package for family members to koinin after ther race - should be a an easy sell!

(did you see there;'s a two handed division?)

my 4 year old has already given me permission to go as long as they can be waiting on the dock for me and have a few days in the sun which should not be hard.

The welcome from the club last time and the hospitality was AWESOME

Looking forward to it already!

Guest Brucey

It's a great sail usually, even a bit more down hill than Fiji.

It's just a pity that Noumea is such an expensive shithole to arrive in and there is nothing to do there.

I guess at least the Frogs don't pretend that they give a sh*t about the natives, they just crush them. Old Banibannana is still trying to fool people that he gives a sh*t about something?

The first time I went to Noumea I was not that impressed , But over the last few trips I have really grown to like the place the hotels are getting better all the time and more resort style than they were. The people have even seemed to start to warm up to kiwis and Aussies.

After the last race I was quite surprised I thought it was cheaper than Fiji.

Guest Brucey
The first time I went to Noumea I was not that impressed , But over the last few trips I have really grown to like the place the hotels are getting better all the time and more resort style than they were. The people have even seemed to start to warm up to kiwis and Aussies.

No definitely heaps dearer than Fiji, and at the end of the day there isnt much in town, dont know if there is many islands you can daytrip to the way you can around Fiji?

The guys at the Noumea yacht club try hard but there are some real mongrel types on the edge of town. It just seems to lack something as a destination.

Who are you stitching up for what, in the next race Muttley to be pushing so hard?

No definitely heaps dearer than Fiji, and at the end of the day there isnt much in town, dont know if there is many islands you can daytrip to the way you can around Fiji?

The guys at the Noumea yacht club try hard but there are some real mongrel types on the edge of town. It just seems to lack something as a destination.

Who are you stitching up for what, in the next race Muttley to be pushing so hard?

+1

40 boats from Aussie.. The aftermatch function should be a goodie.. JH had better get a lift. Might even be some Aussie girls who fall for his "charms".. :D :D

Limit is locked in coming back to NZ after Hobart for BOI Sailing Week and Noumea.

On costs I have a pretty good Idea what it has cost me as I spent the money and they are not very different.

bloody hell someone let me come on their boat!! i know how to pack a spinnaker, pour rum and cook freeze dried food.

Hay JH, sounds like you've got some unfinished business completing an offshore voyage. Tell you what, if someone agrees to take you, I'll loan you my liferaft, just in case aye :wink:

Enthusiasm continues to build for the race with expressions of interest from Pretty Boy Floyd, O'Sinnerman, Celedon, Internautic6, M1, Lion NZ, Dream Lover, Elysium, and a Seawind Catamaran in additional to Marshall Law and confirmed entries from Limit and Starlight Express :D

If you are thinking about sailing in either the race or cruising rally divisions, or just want to know more, e-mail Kevin at RAYC (kevin@rayc.org.nz) your expression of interest so we can keep you updated with all the latest race news via e-mail.

Join the facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Sail-N ... 6313686349 for updates and news.

Archived