Sail Noumea 2012

Well you can hardly blame Smithy, with the 'drivers' and 'navigators' that are assisting in this endeavour, you'd need to go along just to find out what country the boat's going to end up in.
Oui, I haven't knot made it to my intended destination yet and that even includes 2 trips on sextant only. Yes it surprised me to a degree as well.

so you can watch them destroy your pride and joy
We don't break boats, we are taking it to stop the bloody owner trashing it ;)

Smithy will log in and WTF!!!! :lol: :lol:

Smithy will log in and WTF!!!! :lol: :lol:

Just logged in. WTF??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Laughed my tits off sitting out here off WA in 30 knots with no diving going on..

Let me and Squid get the Marshall through the SIMRAD unscathed first. That might take some doing.. Can't be as bad at Gybing as that fella on the home page though..... But we will see..

In 8 kn we had it sorted - can't be that much harder in 25 can it?

My thoughts exactly Squid. :D :D

And this morning a few quiet spar makers are already preparing R40 rig replacement quotes :lol: :lol:

Oh you actually going to pay for one KM? I was thinking we could just extract one out of the Urban and use that! Bloody nice rig that :-)

Heard a whisper that another Ross 40 wanted to go up too, not one that normally races

Just to really get you excited (or NOT....) here is a video of our 2009 Auckland to Noumea race on the Route 66. Only took me 2 years to put it together....

It was not pleasant, not at all,ever really. Well the last night was OK and the arrival and welcome was absolutely spectacular.

Waves never look as impressive on film or video as they are in real life. The camera tends to flatten out the seas and make the conditions look a lot better than they actually are. Some of the waves in that video are freakin' huge!!! That must have looked mountainous when you were out there. "Liquid himalayas", in the words of PJ Montcommentary. :wtf:

Bloody Hell Booboo. :shock: :shock: :shock:

I thought this race was a nice downhill slide?? That looked horrific. Best thing was the welcome at the end.. Some nasty STEEP stuff there..

Oh mummy.. What am I getting into??

Funny/ironic to watch Booboo's video with the "life is pain" eye-poking video going off alongside it. One basically summarises the other.

If there has to be only one good night in a trip, the last night is a pretty good option.

Ohhh the memories!!!!

Bash, bash, bash, bash, nice day, bash, bash... Was told it was going to be a downwind slide, everywhere we went was on the wind.

And then to see the Route 66 come in, Booboo and the boys definatley deserved a medal for that one. Rolan was happier when I said all Y11's have floating bulkheads :?

The offshore experiences can only get better :D

Ohh nasty back less crap looks like cook strait but worse! Does R66 have the standard keel? It's a bit un-nervy sailing with cracks in the dinning room esp 500miles from no where!

RAYC are planning the first of Noumea Race seminar series for the 25th of August. Topic will be an overview of everything you need to know about sailing offshore. Will cater for races and cruisers who maybe haven't done an offshore passage yet but are thinking about coming to Noumea. More details will be published here and on the race facebook page soon (http://www.facebook.com/#!/sailnoumea)

Archived