Sail Noumea 2012

Enthusiasm continues to build for the race with expressions of interest from Pretty Boy Floyd, and Marshall Law

You mean smithy hasnt entered us yet? Sheesh KM We better get him sorted! What better race to show the guys on PBF their old boat is faster :lol: :lol:

Guest Rocket

Last time we did it I think we only did one gybe (and it was mint). The last three days were just kite sliding in moderate trades only dropping it to fix little problems - awesome sail and we weren't a downwind boat...

Whats not to like about Noumea - the place goes off - not so sure about the yacht club though - they weren't that keen on our crew (they seem a little French). But downtown is great - good nightclubs and action aplenty.

Enthusiasm continues to build for the race with expressions of interest from Pretty Boy Floyd, and Marshall Law

You mean smithy hasnt entered us yet? Sheesh KM We better get him sorted! What better race to show the guys on PBF their old boat is faster :lol: :lol:

everyone always forgets to mention the bowman!

I'd be pretty keen..... Anyone going that might need crew?

Won't bother bragging about my talents (JH :lol: ) someone here would just accuse me of telling tales.

Won't bother bragging about my talents (JH :lol: ) someone here would just accuse me of telling tales.

Once again... Better get out of the house and get sj out there this winter buddy!

Once again... Better get out of the house and get sj out there this winter buddy!

See ya at the Simrad.... Home life is going to keep me from much more this winter.

Hopefully get a few systems sorted out in the spare time I have before the 2 handed in July....oh and train the new crew!

What a slack bastard that smithy :)

If he doesn't pull finger Marshy and I will kick him off the crew list and he'll be left behind ;)

What a slack bastard that smithy :)

If he doesn't pull finger Marshy and I will kick him off the crew list and he'll be left behind ;)

Hard to get good owners these days KM, knot only do they complain about the cost of ownership, they also drink the beers they bought and even want to come along for the ride now!

Other than Valium, though I'm told the dumb bastard just thru his life away over the weekend, is anyone else interested in doing this race around the 35 foot range.. we could probably be talked into it if some like minded boats stepped up

Other than Valium, though I'm told the dumb bastard just thru his life away over the weekend, is anyone else interested in doing this race around the 35 foot range.. we could probably be talked into it if some like minded boats stepped up

I'm contemplating doing it but we have a twice the distance two handed warm up to get through first,

So all going well we could be their as the safety gear will be all ready and it would be a same to waste it.

I'd like to assuming I can 1st quell a few fears about taking my machine more than 100mts from dry land :?

I'm getting closer to doing so.

[quote name='"Knot Me

You mean smithy hasnt entered us yet? Sheesh KM We better get him sorted! What better race to show the guys on PBF their old boat is faster

I don't think PBF will be too worried with me helming. Not quite the same skills as Leslie, who gave them a run for their money.....

Real keen on this race though.

Don't get ahead of your self big fella. Did Marshy say you could drive? I sure didn't :wink:

Knot actually sure we've decided to even let you come but please don't let that stop you getting the Cat 1 sorted. Thank you :twisted: :lol: :lol:

Yeah you tell him KM, Jeez the cheek of boat owners these days just including themselves in stuff like that! You think in economic times like these you can pay the bills and use the thing at the same time? :lol: :lol:

Well you can hardly blame Smithy, with the 'drivers' and 'navigators' that are assisting in this endeavour, you'd need to go along just to find out what country the boat's going to end up in.

Don't worry smithy,

they will need you there to buy the beers at the other end

if we go we will find you a spot

probably on the bow so you can watch them destroy your pride and joy

Archived