New 34' cat racer with sleeping berths & trailable

Hello all

I am a new member and i was wondering if any of you have seen or heard of this new cool Canadian catamaran the Toro 34 it really looks great and the specs are impressive full carbon sprs etc. I really like the sleeping capability and the fact that it is trailable and ships on a trailer in a 40' container. www.toro34.ca

Any comments anyone

This toro34 has an inverted Hull not the lightspeed also the sail on the Toro are all carbon DL have you seen the specs IT is very light

How heavy and what's the actual number being refereed to as 'reasonable price'?

Nice looker.

Is MS alluding to 'Sextant' being more one 'Sextant Marine' i.e. a very interested party probably on the marketing team, rather than just the interested by-stander that is trying to be suggested in his/her 1st post?. We caught the French Government and the murdering terrorists they sent here. A boat builder, even on the other side of the world, is kindergarten level stuff for us ;)

Interested to see that its designed for a crew of 5. So, there's 3 to sail the boat .... what do the other 2 do?? Pour the rums and lounge around in bikinis??? :wtf:

There ya go MS, Dan to the rescue :)

2100kg max displacement = knot too shabby..... I think.

Interested to see that its designed for a crew of 5. So, there's 3 to sail the boat .... what do the other 2 do?? Pour the rums and lounge around in bikinis???

You make that sound like a bad thing. What's knot to like about hot chicks plying you with cold bevvies as you mow down a few kayaks while doing 25kts??

I am assuming that in your dreams it is only hot chicks that wear bikinis, if I'm wrong please please don't tell me ;)

I was at Sanctuary Cove over the weekend. I had a good crawl all over the Corsair 37 foldable tri from Seawind.

Under 400k landed in NZ ready to go. It would be a great boat for NZ

Fits in a narrow berth, trailerable, Australian co, good accomodation, and a big long prod.

And designed by a NZ designer

And designed by a NZ designer

Are you sure? I'm assuming you are reffering to Ian Farrier, and I think the 37 was developed after he and corsair went their own ways?

Hey Sextant, I see that the company selling these cats is "Sextant Marine" is that you?

If it is.................................................Buy an Ad!!!!

Hi Sextant,

Unlike others, I'm not bothered about the ad. It seems that you are quite confident in the boat you are selling and it looks like a heck of a fun boat to me.

I am a bit skeptical however, as to whether it would be better to buy one of these or one of the many other boats already available within New Zealand... So I wonder if you could offer a "free trial" so to speak, to see whether it really is worth purchasing?

Of course, it would not be worth trialing a race boat without being allowed to race it. Perhaps I could 'trial' it for the rest of the Winter Series, finishing off with the Coastal Classic? If I do like it, perhaps the 'trial' could be extended after this?

I can't promise that I will purchase one but I can promise it will be returned in 'used' condition. Surely if the boat sells itself as well as you think it does, then there is no risk to you in doing this? After all, if it sells itself well enough that you don't have to pay for advertising...

Anyway, please consider my offer.

Black Ensign.

Archived