Eagle 365

Does anyone know much about the Eagle 365?

I am looking for a cruising boat for Australia coastal sailing? Wife and 2 kids mainly?

How strong are they built etc?

Really any info?

Thanks

Looks a nice boat for it's spec altho I'd say a bit toppy on asking price. Compare it to other similar sized tidy cruisers I think you'd find $120-130k closer.

There is a Beneteau First 35s5 in Tauranga for $115K - its a tidy boat ( been on it very recently ) and whilst it shows that its been used, it appears to have been pretty well looked after.

Tauranga Boat Sales have it at the moment, its moored right out in front of their offices. A comparable boat to the 365 - however I don't think that they are really offshore boats. For $150ish they also have a Bene 381 - listed at $150 but we were indicated that its more like $150. So that 365 would have to be a good boat for $150.

A touch of irony in that suggestion, given that it's probably only a year (?) since those two 1050s were shipped back from Oz to NZ - not sure how quickly the second one sold or if it is still available. Fantastic boats, just not ideal timing in terms of the recession, I would guess.

Ah well, keeps the shipping lines ticking over...

Sounds like there are much better options for the price.

The 1050 would be good but just to Tender for the family I think.

The 1050 would be good but just to Tender for the family I think.

put a reef in early

I believe the 1050 has the same hull but with a deeper keel so it should be more stable than the eagle

Archived