where not to park your boat

khayyam

how deep is that sand bar/reef at high tide? looking at the channel marker its over half tide. so for the boat to be aground it has to draw a shiteload of water. dont think a davo 42 would draw anywhere near as much as resolute

It is a while since I saw anything aground on it, but when I was a kid, during WW II, there was a boom from North Head to Orakei and we had to race West of that. I was forward hand on a 12 foot Silver Fern that came to a sudden stop on Sandspit and the rig kept on going. Obviously it has been dredged since then, as we walked around up to our knees. Had to get towed back to bayswater. Of course it was low water spring tides.

how deep is that sand bar/reef at high tide? looking at the channel marker its over half tide. so for the boat to be aground it has to draw a shiteload of water. dont think a davo 42 would draw anywhere near as much as resolute

photo was just after low tide (0.4). not sure exactly how much water is on that bar, could easily be

Cut my 3.7 in half on that one also. Hell power reach and all of a sudden.... bugger!!! didn't see that coming........ although I should have as I knew it was there.

Put the Messy Games on it during a rum race. Got to the pole, gentle left turn to stay out of the incoming tide - and got well out of the tide alright...

........ unless the owner wasn't there...... then it never happened........

As of Thursday night, Resolute was not on her mooring. So I wonder if it has had to come back out of the water again. Insurance compony is going to love him.

Archived