where not to park your boat

khayyam

Na, knot Spitfire and she now lives in Westhaven anyway. But I think there is a boat that looks like that moored out there. Must be a hell low tide but then it doesn't look it from the pole... does it?

not normally moored there. all the moorings are further in than that (due to the bar!) and she's probably a bit deep of draught for those anyhow. just run aground i think. was a pretty low tide yesterday, 0.5m or so?

SPITFIRE sitting on the hard in Kerikeri. I think Paul Stock owns it now.Having some work done including a paint job so the story goes.

The parked boat's that old yellow 12metre-in-a-previous-life that lives up past Greenhithe bridge innit?

..and yes, Spitfire's up in Kerikeri getting painted

had a chat to the owner of that ex 12 the other day, didnt make the cup so was converted to a cruiser, shorter rig and keel (although it still draws around 15 foot! hardstand guys had to use a cherry picker to waterblast the hull) it sat for a while cause he got a heart condition and almost died, also why it was for sale a few months ago for only 140k. awesome boat inside

Resolute I think that one is. Yes it does draw a lot so be a good sandbank grabber.

It's just had a paint work touch up...... hasn't it Mr Wheels :twisted: ;)

Resolute I think that one is. Yes it does draw a lot so be a good sandbank grabber.

It's just had a paint work touch up...... hasn't it Mr Wheels :twisted: ;)

You sh*t stirrer KM! :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I thought it might have been when I first saw the pic, but thought nah it didn't look long enough. Resolute would be somewhere near 70ft.

Hmmmm, I wonder who he can blame for the sand bar shifting :wink: :lol:

I can count one more out. Yippe'i'ay or how ever you spell it. A "randy" Davidson 45 (tried to mate with Resolute) newcomer to Auckland and currently on a mooring off Hobbyville. It's also yellow, although a little faded.

That Yipee Yi Yay or whatever it's called spent a year or so at Gulf Harbour. Always wondered if it was a Davidson...

You sure that photo isn't Resolute? Sure as hell looks like her.

Thats definately the Resolute. Davidsons arent that slab sided! Only a 12meter would look like that!

Doesn't look big enough for Resolute...?

Think the angle is decietful and th boat is actually alot more bow on than it looks if you look at the rig. Plus that mast and a Spoon bow like that all line more towards that grader than a davo design?

Archived