Fineline - Join the crew

Absolution

After 6 months out of action a few of the regular crew have disappeared overseas and others jumped back onto the boats that I stole them off so I'm looking for some more keen folk to join the crew on Fineline.

A number of the guys who race with us on Wednesdays struggle to make it out for the weekend races so if you can do weekends but not Wednesdays over summer then give me a yell.

We're struggling to get a crew together for this weekends Gold Cup so if anyone wants to go for a sail this weekend let me know!

Got a crew for the Coastal Classic? I might be interested in coming north for it...

I'm trying to confirm numbers for the coastal at the moment. It might be worth having you onboard just for the write up! Fire me a PM with your email and I'll give you a yell once I know how many spots I have left to fill.

Got a crew for the Coastal Classic? I might be interested in coming north for it...

I'm trying to confirm numbers for the coastal at the moment. It might be worth having you onboard just for the write up! To help make it an epic write up I will make sure it's a big booming Sou-Wester with great swells running to surf on all the way to the Brett.

Outstanding. I like your style mate.

If you need some extra moveable ballast then id be keen to jump on.

Cool. I'll try and pin down who is coming over the next couple of weeks and figure out how many spots we have left.

YAHOOOOO. Ive been wanting to do the Coastal for ages on a fast boat. Will be great if you have room for me.

SC If you want to do it (CC) on a fast boat why do you get excited about going on a leaner? :D

I would love to go on a leaner, but getting onto one is the problem I have done some sailing on putaki, but from what I know Johns not doing the coastal. A young 11 would have to be one of the quicker monos that I would have been on and it still quicker than other possible offers for me.

still quicker than other possible offers for me.
Go see 'Sugar' in the small lane off K Rd. Ask for the Smoko Special and she'll have you all done in dusted in 5 min guaranteed..... or your money back ;)

I think you may have to get a bigger boat to fit all the victims... sorry, volunteers on, Fineline :)

still quicker than other possible offers for me.
Go see 'Sugar' in the small lane off K Rd. Ask for the Smoko Special and she'll have you all done in dusted in 5 min guaranteed..... or your money back ;)

I didn't know that you liked it that way :wtf: :wtf:

Not bad - less than 10 minutes from the time I posted the word "proa" till your reply appeared complete with photo. Do you have a permanent worldwide alert set up? :lol:

I've been waiting for the opportunity to arise :lol: thinking it must be nearly time to get mine back out there, must borrow a GPS one day so I don't have to lie anyome.

Hi there,

Are you still looking for additional crew.

I’ve been racing off and on for twelve years, mainly on 1020’s, a bit on Elliott 9’s and 12’s, a bit on some other boats.

I’ve done a bit of everything, including keyboards, runners, mast, trimming, grinding, a bit of main sheet and of course ballast (not as good as I used to be at ballast as I’ve lost a bit of weight).

I’m available both weekends and during the week.

Have done many Coastal’s and Gold cup races, (when they were mostly night races).

Am keen and always bring beer. :)

Archived