Hydrocoat

Vivaldi

Hi all,

I see that Altex have a water based antifouling called Hydrocoat available - has anyone had any experience with this stuff?

Carp-29; I used an antifouling called Hydron that I bought from NZ back in the late 60's to mid 70's. It absorbed water after it was applied to the hull & dried out - out of the sun for a few days. Applied it to aprox 80 sailing yachts with great & measureable success. IOR -IYRU etc - banned-it - I stopped using it - I now can't find it & nobody seems to know anything about it as it was to long ago. It was the longest lasting & best antifouling I ever painted on yachts for over 35 years & that was my business. Keep us informed please. Don't seem to remember if it was water solvent though, however it sure was hydroscopic - felt just like a jellyfish. Ciao, james

True - but next year I've got to get the scrapers out and take everything off as I've got a bit of an uneven buildup so i was going to take it right back to primer and give it a few coats of new primer and start again.

there is a water based biocide called Econea that is being trialed in the US apparently with good results, as far as I can ascertain it isn't copper based so would be good for applications that can't use copper. info cab be found at latitude 38, CF, and of course google. I spoke to reps at the Boat Shows Altex stand, they knew of it but wouldn't comment further.

[. I spoke to reps at the Boat Shows Altex stand, they knew of it but wouldn't comment further.

probably the same claptrap bullshit theorys the chemical companies spouted over refrigerants

Archived