ETNZ and Luna Rossa

So ETNZ are Teaming up with Prada. Does any one know what the arrangement is? And are they still going to build separate boats?

I also hear ETNZ are working with Alinghi when they build their 72 to race their old 100 foot cat. Now that would be cool :thumbup:

I thought ETNZ were possibly teaming up and sharing data with Luna Rossa (not Prada) ... and that could mean financial compensation and mutual gain for both teams (i.e selling intellectual property).

So ETNZ are Teaming up with Prada. Does any one know what the arrangement is? And are they still going to build separate boats?

I also hear ETNZ are working with Alinghi when they build their 72 to race their old 100 foot cat. Now that would be cool :thumbup:

Shoes for handbags :?:

They do make men's DPM bags

http://store.prada.com/en/IT#!/en/IT/man/bags/weekenders/VA0796_ZSR_F0334

Copy and paste from SA. Pretty much answers my questions. Be afraid Oracle. Be very afraid :twisted:

Just hours after Luna Rossa’s public announcement of their AC34 entry, Grant Dalton confirmed that ETNZ had entered into a comprehensive development agreement with Luna Rossa for the design and build of their first AC72s. Dalts focused on the “absolute trust” between he and Patrizio Bertelli when he explained the unprecedented agreement, and said that he and Patrizio Bertelli have the same shared vision for the future of the Cup; a vision that proposes cost cutting measures that actually work, and nationality rules that would bring the public’s interest in the AC to entirely new levels.

The hulls and wing for the shared effort are already designed, and Prada’s hulls will be built in Italy while ETNZ’s come out of Auckland. Both boats will have their wing built in Auckland, and they’ll begin two-boat testing as soon as possible, right up until the deadline for such testing at the end of 2012.

The agreement puts some real pressure on Oracle to accelerate their program, but Artemis will be the most hurt here as the odd man out, and Cayard’s got to be incensed. Time will tell whether the Swedish team’s cooperative relationship with the Defender is truly in their own best interest, but one thing is for sure: Winning the Louis Vuitton Cup just got a hell of a lot harder. While for us and ten million screaming Italians, it just got way more fun.

All-American Ainslie

I thought ETNZ were possibly teaming up and sharing data with Luna Rossa (not Prada) ... and that could mean financial compensation and mutual gain for both teams (i.e selling intellectual property).

Fair call. I still think they are the same thing :D

heres some more info to elaborate a bit more to what exactly is happening.

Luna Rossa and the Circolo della Vela Sicilia challenge for the 34th America’s Cup

Technical and sporting cooperation with Emirates Team New Zealand

The Circolo della Vela Sicilia of Palermo and the team Luna Rossa Challenge 2013 announce that their Notice of Challenge for the 34th America’s Cup, which will be held at San Francisco in September 2013, has been accepted by the Golden Gate Yacht Club.

Luna Rossa Challenge 2013 and Emirates Team New Zealand have signed a cooperation agreement until 31st December 2012 which includes full access to all ETNZ design and performance data for this period. The hulls for the Luna Rossa AC72’ will be built in Italy and all other elements will be built in New Zealand in close cooperation with Emirates Team New Zealand.

Luna Rossa’s 2012 programme includes the opening of a base in Auckland (New Zealand) for the joint training, the participation in all events of the America’s Cup World Series (ACWS) with the AC 45’ wing catamarans and the launch of the AC 72’ wing catamaran for the America’s Cup.

From March 2013 the team Luna Rossa will continue its sporting preparation and technical development of the AC 72’ in San Francisco and will participate to all events scheduled for the 34th America’s Cup.

PATRIZIO BERTELLI, Team Principal of Luna Rossa Challenge 2013, declared: “I am certain that the co-operation of Luna Rossa with Emirates Team New Zealand will produce excellent results, giving to both teams a faster and more effective development both in the technical and in the sporting fields. The choice of the Circolo della Vela Sicilia as challenging yacht club is also significant: I think it is important, in a moment like this, to underline the unity of our country also in the field of culture and sports”.

AGOSTINO RANDAZZO, President of the Circolo della Vela Sicilia, declared: “It is a true honour for the Circolo della Vela Sicilia to challenge for the America’s Cup with a prestigious and beloved team like Luna Rossa. I therefore thank Patrizio Bertelli both for having selected us and also for the reasons behind his choice. I am sure that our challenge will contribute to create a strong spirit of emulation and will attract many young Sicilians to the sport of sailing”.

MATTEO de NORA, Team Principal of Emirates Team New Zealand, declared:

“I am very happy of this co-operation: since 2000, when they won the Louis Vuitton Cup, Luna Rossa is certainly the most loved and respected foreign sailing team in New Zealand. This partnership will increase the technical value of the teams. We look forward to close co-operation on land and intense rivalry on the water.”

GRANT DALTON, managing director of Emirates Team New Zealand, said: “The cooperation with Luna Rossa is another step towards the long-term objective of establishing our team as a provider of technology and services that highlight New Zealand’s marine industry expertise. We look forward to sharing our design office resources and cooperating with two such well-respected names in top-level sailing.”

The team Luna Rossa was established in 1997 by Patrizio Bertelli with the original name of “Prada Challenge for the America’s Cup 2000”. At its first attempt the team wins the Louis Vuitton Cup – the challengers’ selection series - in 2000, with a record of 38 victories over 49 races. Luna Rossa has participated also in 2003 and in 2007 it reached the Louis Vuitton Cup final. Luna Rossa is currently participating in the Extreme Sailing Series, the Extreme 40’ catamarans circuit, where it is leading the overall standings.

Emirates Team New Zealand is the current holder of the Louis Vuitton Cup and is leading the America’s Cup World Series. Established in 1985 as the New Zealand Challenge, Emirates Team New Zealand has won both the America’s Cup twice and the Louis Vuitton Cup twice. It also participates in the Audi Med Cup and Extreme Sailing Series international racing circuits and will be at the start of the 2011/2012 Volvo Ocean Race with the yacht CAMPER.

The Circolo della Vela Sicilia, founded in 1933, is one of the oldest and most prestigious yacht clubs of the Mediterranean. Its club house is in Mondello, a few kilometres from the centre of Palermo. Throughout the years the Circolo della Vela Sicilia hosted many prestigious national and international regattas, including the J 24 and Star Class European Championships, the Italian Olympic classes Championship and the “Palermo – Monte Carlo” offshore race.

I wonder how much that deal is worth?

Shall we start guessing?

I imagine EMTZ are charging several mill for their design rights. It will be great to see the 2 of them sailing against each other. I wonder what Oracle are going to do to counter it?

This is a really clever deal.... See how they only say the first design? So after the development boat, all bets are off. And they get a fully funded training partner ho really wants to beat them from it. Even Oracle hasn't got that.

This is a really clever deal.... See how they only say the first design? So after the development boat, all bets are off. And they get a fully funded training partner ho really wants to beat them from it. Even Oracle hasn't got that.

Most importantly it's KNOT two boat testing :clap: :thumbup:

Archived