Another Boat Out - Three Left

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

you got me there :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I dont think that we will see another boat run for saftey in the next several days but there might be something a little after that.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but the first leg of the lat VOR turned out to be a bit of a shake down with plenty of breakages too didn't it?

As I recall the overall race was still competitive though.

I'm hoping that:

1. Puma pulls out of this leg altogetehr to give Ahbu Dahbi and Sanya leg up; and

2. Telefonica breaks too and Camper sneaks through!

Puma will be motoring before too long. There are knot enough days before the start of leg 2 if they are sailing at 5 knots.

your right. they have now officially pulled out, leaving 3 boats in leg one now. ouch

Well, 50% fail rate is actually kinda high...

One wonders if the future of the Volvo race will be more about which shore crew can ship a pile of splintered carbon fibre around the world the fastest.

The original format had large elements of adventure and romance to it - anyone could visualise a race around the world with a few stops. Now only yachties who bother to get an understanding of the new format can empathise or get engaged with the race.

It is the death of the race - it is a mobile regatta now little different than the current AC show. They have lost the romance and the accessibility. We may not see another one.

I remember meeting the first race guys at Takapuna in the early 70s - they were adventurers rather than yachties and it was a really powerful story they could tell. I would not go down to the docks at 2:00 am to see these guys come in - I'd rather watch E news.

1/2 the boats out already - it is past dead - it is starting to smell!

The original format had large elements of adventure and romance to it

I'm not about to tell the stories that occurred originally. Your far to young, cause then I'd have to kill you.

It would of been the late 70's that you met others.

The original format had large elements of adventure and romance to it - anyone could visualise a race around the world with a few stops. Now only yachties who bother to get an understanding of the new format can empathise or get engaged with the race.

It is the death of the race - it is a mobile regatta now little different than the current AC show. They have lost the romance and the accessibility. We may not see another one.

I remember meeting the first race guys at Takapuna in the early 70s - they were adventurers rather than yachties and it was a really powerful story they could tell. I would not go down to the docks at 2:00 am to see these guys come in - I'd rather watch E news.

1/2 the boats out already - it is past dead - it is starting to smell!

Sadly, for once I agree with you Rocket. You have summed it up perfectly. :clap: :clap:

Archived