Events to cover for nest year

what events should we cover next year on crew?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. what events should we cover next year on crew?

• Mod 70's
    • Americas Cup
    • Extreme 40's
    • World Match racing tour
    • RC 44's
    • Soto 40's
    • Any big record attempts (round the world, transatlantic)

HI all

I know theres more than 13 users on the forums and even more guests. Would anyone else like to vote? If you dont like the options then you could suggest something like Olympics which others have done.

Hey Stephen, looks like you'll be busy, might need an extra bottle of Mount Gay!

Isn't it funny how different we all are, I've just about become immune to the Olympics.

Now voted - and the Olympics in HUGE detail... They are the most significant yachting event each 4 years...

hahahahahaha

How so rocket?

Finns? 470s? do they still race stars?

I'll gve you lasers, and maybe even th windsurfers, but everythig else is pretty out of date, and dull.

Guest Crafty 1
Now voted - and the Olympics in HUGE detail... They are the most significant yachting event each 4 years...

hahahahahaha

How so rocket?

Finns? 470s? do they still race stars?

I'll gve you lasers, and maybe even th windsurfers, but everythig else is pretty out of date, and dull.

May be out of date but not Dull if you're a Dingy / top yachtie lover.

Lets face it compared to Cats and tri's speeding around the harbour they may appear dull to the layperson. But when you do a roll call of Finn, Star ... sailors then the real comparison takes place...

Ainslie, - Best sailor in the world for the last what 10 years?...

But the Olympics is not the best regatta to watch the world best sailors. Each individual world champs is better and has higher number and quality of sailors.

EG. the Finn class will see one sailor from Britian at the Olympics . But there are three sailors that could win gold sailing for GBR.

Ever tried to sail a 49er ? No neither have I but I am told that you launch them and then start swimming and don't stop swimming till yu get them back on the trailer...

Me thinks people confuse yachting with sitting in front of the telly. Olympic classes have always been where it is at.

Guest Crafty 1
Ever tried to sail a 49er ? No neither have I but I am told that you launch them and then start swimming and don't stop swimming till yu get them back on the trailer...

a Bit like Skiffs, moths and 18 footers. and they are just as exciting as multi's.

In fact they are more demanding and some pepple say racing them is "organised Drowning" around Bouys!

Actually i will say the future of the AC could well be in Foiled 100 foot monos hitting 40-50 knots plus.

Actually i will say the future of the AC could well be in Foiled 100 foot monos hitting 40-50 knots plus.

Not in my lifetime, but then again clearly you are alot younger than me and therefore have a shitload more to learn!

Guest Crafty 1

Not in my lifetime, but then again clearly you are alot younger than me and therefore have a shitload more to learn!

Oh dear AA. i thought you were above comments like that. :(

and to think you know my age :lol: you guru you.

:|

Now don't go getting your knickers in a knot C1. We've all been watching you spout off like an authority on a few forums when you clearly know bugger all. And seeing as you don't know me at all how could you possibly think I'm above anything? Sometimes I tire of being restrained and quietly watching people make right plonkers of themselves and think I'd like to join in too. :lol:

I respect your right to have an opinion, but my opinion is you don't have a clue. And that is my right. There, all good now.

Hey Stephen, looks like you'll be busy, might need an extra bottle of Mount Gay!

I wont say no to another bottle of mount Gay. Ive already lost count of how many I should be picking up :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: its all conditional with uni work this year but hopefully I can cover some more events that will go well as study break material and will only take 10-2 minutes to write up on if its not just straight copy and paste :D :D :D Olympics might be a bit to much for me but I will see how I go when the time comes to it

Guest Crafty 1
Now don't go getting your knickers in a knot C1. We've all been watching you spout off like an authority on a few forums when you clearly know bugger all. And seeing as you don't know me at all how could you possibly think I'm above anything? Sometimes I tire of being restrained and quietly watching people make right plonkers of themselves and think I'd like to join in too. :lol:

I respect your right to have an opinion, but my opinion is you don't have a clue. And that is my right. There, all good now.

I to respect your opinion and your right to have a view weather similar or opposing AA.

and i will take onboard any feedback when supplied with supporting fact / evidence

But please back up any negative comments you have with me with evidence, and facts, and please do not base it on some kind of vibe or to back up a mate.

Tell me where i "do not have a clue".

For you benefit, so you may understand how some might view you, and since you opened the door with an attack on me with no support/evidence , heres a critique of you (so maybe? you may learn and grow..

Yesterday you complained, on another post, about having to be at F@....n work and had no one to sail with (or words to that effect). 203 replied with regard to you owning a boats... and probably many others would have thought :wtf: Get your Colson Yacht out and go sail it!?

We would have also thought :wtf: You have had this boat for sale fo how long?, have not used it and Expect people to buy an inactive boat..... that needs a topside re paint!

So how do you compare to me in the "clue less" department now?

AA I was keen to talk to you about you're boat (as i was in the market then) when you first advertized it but when i read the posts about you huge effort to pollish the topsides i realized there would be a 6-10K paintjob involved and moved on.

So AA, when you say i have know idea... i laugh ... because you don't know me and have only see 2 months of my comment/posts (posts on many subjective and differing topics) and comment on them. Where as i have watched 5-6 years of your comments, you're confusion over weather you are a Multi sailor or and Keeler sailor, (seems you are are wannabe multi sailor without a boat), you're advertising of you're colson, Youre rejection of lead swingers in favour of multis (instead on embracing both), and much more...

i have also formed an opinion (when you told the forum in one post, in defence of a poor comment you made, that "i and not a stupid person...") that you are indeed a very nice person but probably stuck in a Mid life crisis. but hey are'nt we all?

In Summary AA, If you have issues with comment of mine that you don't agree with, then reply to them and point out my mistakes (as grinna does :thumbup: :( ) but dont make some "GENERAL STATEMENT" without backing it.

I apologise for being so blunt but the door was wide open and ...

If you give then you shall recieve!

Guest Crafty 1

I to respect your opinion and your right to have a view weather similar or opposing AA.

and i will take onboard any feedback when supplied with supporting fact / evidence

But please back up any negative comments you have with me with evidence, and facts, and please do not base it on some kind of vibe or to back up a mate.

Tell me where i "do not have a clue".

For you benefit, so you may understand how some might view you, and since you opened the door with an attack on me with no support/evidence , heres a critique of you (so maybe? you may learn and grow..

Yesterday you complained, on another post, about having to be at F@....n work and had no one to sail with (or words to that effect). 203 replied with regard to you owning a boats... and probably many others would have thought :wtf: Get your Colson Yacht out and go sail it!?

We would have also thought :wtf: You have had this boat for sale fo how long?, have not used it and Expect people to buy an inactive boat..... that needs a topside re paint!

So how do you compare to me in the "clue less" department now?

AA I was keen to talk to you about you're boat (as i was in the market then) when you first advertized it but when i read the posts about you huge effort to pollish the topsides i realized there would be a 6-10K paintjob involved and moved on.

So AA, when you say i have know idea... i laugh ... because you don't know me and have only see 2 months of my comment/posts (posts on many subjective and differing topics) and comment on them. Where as i have watched 5-6 years of your comments, you're confusion over weather you are a Multi sailor or and Keeler sailor, (seems you are are wannabe multi sailor without a boat), you're advertising of you're colson, Youre rejection of lead swingers in favour of multis (instead on embracing both), and much more...

i have also formed an opinion (when you told the forum in one post, in defence of a poor comment you made, that "i and not a stupid person...") that you are indeed a very nice person but probably stuck in a Mid life crisis. but hey are'nt we all?

In Summary AA, If you have issues with comment of mine that you don't agree with, then reply to them and point out my mistakes (as grinna does :thumbup: :( ) but dont make some "GENERAL STATEMENT" without backing it.

I apologise for being so blunt but the door was wide open and ...

If you give then you shall recieve!

Just for the record Here's you quote here...

So, I'm still at work & not out on a f**king boat!

Is that any boat or maybe the one you own?

Ah Crafty1 so you're George, the guy who texted me and wouldn't say who you were? You texted me telling me slagging off a friend, without knowing that he's my friend? Made derogatory comments about my boat without even looking at it? Made statements about getting a "mint 1020" for 85k? If that's the case go get a 1020 for 85K that's "mint" - good luck to you. Compared AA to a 1020? Thats comparing apples with oranges.

You're just a tyre kicker or you would have looked at it and then you'd KNOW that the paint job isn't fucked - it was oxidation which is not the same thing. It was online for all to see and I stand by it. A year later the boat still looks great & I haven't touched the paint job since. No, instead you opt to hide behind anonymous texts.

The evidence that you don't have a clue is that you can't read. I have plenty of friends to sail with. Yesterday my gripe was that I was at work instead of sailing when it was such a nice day. I'm sure alot of people felt that way. If you had taken the time to read my post properly you would have understood that.

But don't worry, I'm not upset by you although I doubt that you'd care anyway. Good luck with your mint 1020 for 85K

Guest Crafty 1
Ah Crafty1 so you're George, the guy who texted me and wouldn't say who you were? You texted me telling me slagging off a friend, without knowing that he's my friend? Made derogatory comments about my boat without even looking at it? Made statements about getting a "mint 1020" for 85k? If that's the case go get a 1020 for 85K that's "mint" - good luck to you. Compared AA to a 1020? Thats comparing apples with oranges.

You're just a tyre kicker or you would have looked at it and then you'd KNOW that the paint job isn't fucked - it was oxidation which is not the same thing. It was online for all to see and I stand by it. A year later the boat still looks great & I haven't touched the paint job since. No, instead you opt to hide behind anonymous texts.

The evidence that you don't have a clue is that you can't read. I have plenty of friends to sail with. Yesterday my gripe was that I was at work instead of sailing when it was such a nice day. I'm sure alot of people felt that way. If you had taken the time to read my post properly you would have understood that.

But don't worry, I'm not upset by you although I doubt that you'd care anyway. Good luck with your mint 1020 for 85K

:lol: :lol: Ah no AA i am not George. But good to see i am not alone in my thoughts:thumbup:

AA what little i know about red paint is.... If your topside paint is oxidized to the stage it needs a lot of polshing then it is STUFFED! and it will need a repaint soon.

So everything above is a waste of a post and time.

AA you deserve what you get.

You're berating me as a person (I haven't a clue) about an opinion/s i have is the sign of a person "playing the man rather that the ball.

Just because my opinion differs to your does not mean it is wrong and does not have merit. It also does not mean i have not got a clue.

I will debate you're posts but i will refrain from say'ing you're clueless.

The fact that my comment regarding the 100 ft Foiled mono in the AC only recieved 1 Negative coment from you proves that i indeed do have a clue and the rest of the forum did not see it as "an impossible future concept". However it appears you did.

AA, until you negative post yesterday i firmly believed you were one of the gentlemen on this forum. (thus my comment) and your post suprised me as i thought you would be the last person to do that to a newbie who is just trying to join in, learn, have some fun, and offer opinion (good or Bad). I think you were either having a bad day or you are influenced to much by others? (those aggro multi sailors :evil: :wink: :lol: ( That was a joke )

As for your "i am at work comment" well.... don't let me interupt you. :shh:

Nah, you still don't have clue George and clearly you don't know squat about paint either, but hey this could go on forever. I might be a gentleman or maybe not - you'll never know, but I just decided to wade in and f*ck with your head and thank you, it's been a relief from the tedium. :crazy:

Guest Crafty 1
Nah, you still don't have clue George and clearly you don't know squat about paint either, but hey this could go on forever. I might be a gentleman or maybe not - you'll never know, but I just decided to wade in and f*ck with your head and thank you, it's been a relief from the tedium. :crazy:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah right! the only head you have messed with is your own!...

whilie highlighting your fine vessel's Paint issue to all and Sundry.

As for the Tedium of your work. i can't comment.

Yes mummyship, I'd finished anyway.

So anyway SC, you're doing great dude and I hope you get enough responses to help you. I see multihulls are still winning the race! :lol:

Archived