Events to cover for nest year

what events should we cover next year on crew?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. what events should we cover next year on crew?

• Mod 70's
    • Americas Cup
    • Extreme 40's
    • World Match racing tour
    • RC 44's
    • Soto 40's
    • Any big record attempts (round the world, transatlantic)

Hi all

Heres your chance to get more details on events direct to you on crew for 2012. I have put some options up and you can vote for 4 of the options with the top four options being the ones that I will try and cover next year time permitting. If I have missed anything just add a comment here and if enough people agree with you then it can be covered as well.

have fun

Hi all

Heres your chance to get more details on events direct to you on crew for 2012. I have put some options up and you can vote for 4 of the options with the top four options being the ones that I will try and cover next year with time permitting. If I have missed anything just add a comment here and if enough people agree with you then it can be covered as well.

have fun

Think the next Vendee Globe is next year, or am I a year out?

yes should be next year from the quick search that I did. Cant make any promises myself in covering this as i will be flat out with work and uni when it starts but someone else might be able to do the updates.

Two Handed Round New Zealand :thumbup:

I imagine Ogre is already onto that as the organisers would love to keep him up to date with how its going as well as the crews invloved. We could work on some better coverage though. If you interested to brainstorm how pm me and when i get back from my holiday (could be the 15th)

Two Handed Round New Zealand :thumbup:

I imagine Ogre is already onto that as the organisers would love to keep him up to date with how its going as well as the crews invloved. We could work on some better coverage though. If you interested to brainstorm how pm me and when i get back from my holiday (could be the 15th)

I'm doing the race and are also on the committee so contact me when you get back

Jon

http://www.facebook.com/ssanz.inc?sk=ap ... 2544333196

Well, well, well, it looks like people are only interested in multihulls. Who would have thought... :thumbup:

all of 11 people have voted so far....but the multis do have the best events for this year thanks to the med cup and the world match racing tour not doing very well last year.

Well SC I guess that people are away on holiday enjoying the pissing rain and wind on their boats. Still it tells you how much input people want to put into this. Good on you for asking and I'm enjoying your efforts on the VOR - pity the race is such a sham.

Well SC I guess that people are away on holiday enjoying the pissing rain and wind on their boats. Still it tells you how much input people want to put into this. Good on you for asking and I'm enjoying your efforts on the VOR - pity the race is such a sham.

Bang on with everything there AA. Its still holiday season so I will keep this open till the end of Jan and dont even get us started on the Volvo...........

Guest Crafty 1
So at this point 49 votes and only 4 for boats that drag lead. Imagine that

Thats more a reflection of the choices above and the fact that Multi hulls are faster and more exciting.

Thje olympics would be my 1st choice followed by many world champs in many grat classes.

If someone came up with a 100 foot mono to the latest moth design and it started beating all the multi's then i think that might change people perspectives.

Well, there's only one event on that list that I actually know anything about and seeing as that has now become a multihull event there is bugger all choice.

Actually .... I really don't give a toss about the AC if I'm being totally honest, its just the only event I have even the vaguest of clues about.

My vote ... none of them.

Crafty, your point on the olympics is a good one. Now how many classes at the games drag lead? (one).

on the 100 footer, how much lead do you see a moth draging around? not much, i do how ever agree that it would be awesome to see, as far as change my perspective, no way.

Guest Crafty 1

Booger, i think the Star and the elliot have lead, but the finns will carry lead correctors too :)

For me the lead v Multi arguement is more a mono v Multi debate.

Multis are the way to go for both cruising and racing but there is something very nice about cruising and racing lead swingers that appeals to many.

Racing is more tactical i think. the Crew/ballast thing is a big negative and that is why 2 handed appeals.

Cruising is a tad mor comfortable and the slower voyage to the desination is more relaxing.

But if you want to go fast, get some where quick, have fun, and not have to think too much (tactical/mono's/5 degree shifts) then multi's are excellent.

I don't understand the misconception that tactics aren't necessary when racing multihulls. There is a requirement for tactics in any race whether it be in mono's or multi's. OK the tactics may be different between the "genres" but it's still necessary and the gains and losses can be faster and much bigger in multi's.

Guest Crafty 1
I don't understand the misconception that tactics aren't necessary when racing multihulls. There is a requirement for tactics in any race whether it be in mono's or multi's. OK the tactics may be different between the "genres" but it's still necessary and the gains and losses can be faster and much bigger in multi's.

Nobody is saying tactics aren't nessasary, just they are different. In one design mono's a 5 degree shift could make a difference, in a multi the time taken to tack may negate the 5 degree shift advantage.

Archived