GOR

Well there had to be one come in at this horrible time of the night ... :( Mind you I can't believe that there are 25 users looking at this website at this hour of the morning.

Phesheya Racing almost at Karori Rock, doing 12 knots in 18 - 29 knots of wind at Karori.

Since it is blowing a little and dark we will bring the boat into A Pier at Chaffers Marina for the night rather than drop the extra mooring lines at Queens Wharf and trying to get the boat in there.

Oops that was a bit optimistic! More like 2 hours but Phesheya Racing has now finished Leg 2 of GOR so that is all boats finished.

Boat will temporarily be on A Pier of Chaffers Marina, then shifted to Queens Wharf with the others sometime later in the day.

Cessna Citation has its mast out for a check over, and BSL is also scheduled to have the rig checked over early next week.

Conrad Colman – a member of the RPNYC - was recalled to the prize podium by the RPNYC’s Commodore, Andrew Morrison, to receive a special award from the club for his overall Leg 2 performance winning a handheld Garmin eTrex 30 GPS. GOR Race Director, Josh Hall, also awarded a number of prizes to local sailors and officials who have provided the event with expertise and assistance in New Zealand, including the RPNYC’s Vice Commodore, Geoff Herd, whose team manned the GOR Leg 2 finish line in Wellington Harbour in very challenging conditions. Herd was presented with a pair of GOR-branded, Bollé sunglasses.

Anyone got some photos of herdy's new sunnies?

Only in my mine's eye, but you don't want to go there !

Photos were taken and will be on their website at some time I believe.

Very interesting boats sailed by some interesting real people.

A nice mix of amatuer and professional crews,newer and older boats from different designers but all seem to be competiitive and coming down to how their sailed.

And did I say that there wide, 14' and that is from the chain plates to the transom or so it seems.

All in a 40 footer that can do 350 nm in a day ( that's Napier to Auckland in 24 hrs all be that offshore )

And the other thing I got was that they are wet and don't like going up wind in a big sea ( but who does)

Archived