Aus Cherub Champs

SloopJohnB

Fantastic! Every class needs a video like that - top effort by the production team.

First video gives the impression it is all a case of roaring round the racetrack, second one...obviously not as straightforward as I might have thought.

Not too much dacron in evidence there. And there always has to be a boat called Cunning Linguist. :shifty:

There are two cherubs back on the water in Auckland now, Willy Sanka and Albino Slug. Any others out there? A couple more and we have a race on!

Managed to flip it backwards too last week.

post-9490-141887156612.jpg

post-9490-141887156615.jpg

post-9490-141887156617.jpg

Cherubs are great little boats. Would be very cool if they got up and racing again. Similar power to a 29er but with feel and sailing style closer to a 12. I managed a few regattas in cherubs, seemed like all we had to do to win was not fall apart! The mortality rate was shocking! Mostly broken rudders....

Just Bought Stonedlonger, planning on racing it at evans bays winter series to start with, and round wellington once we work out how to handle it, we still put it in the piss on 90% of the gybes. such an awesome ride. where are the other ones around wellington? we should organize some racing.

Just Bought Stonedlonger, planning on racing it at evans bays winter series to start with, and round wellington once we work out how to handle it, we still put it in the piss on 90% of the gybes. such an awesome ride. where are the other ones around wellington? we should organize some racing.

Hey I have got quiet riot down here in wellington. I sail out of Titahi bay. The boats going to stay in the shed now until spring. Hoping to get the Genni and sprit conversion done over winter.

Cheers

Steve K

hey, Im from Picton, we might be getting a cherub over here, Do you still have Quiet Riot steve? i saw it on trademe. Any hows, if it works out and we get one here and your all still going in welly we could look at comming over for a sail, could even call it'the nationals' and see what comes of it.

Cheers

Matt

Archived