Cruiser / racer cat racing

ab1974

Happy to do the finish for Friday Night. But it will be inside Mahurangi Harbour, so I am in some shelter. I'll come up with a plan, and a distinctive light, a bit closer to the time.

Do we want a harbour race organised for the Saturday, and a race from Mahurangi to Kawau on the Sunday organised too? I potentially have a start boat on standby so let me know. I'm happy to put this together, but only if there are going to be people wanting to race.

What's with the NZMHYC? I thought it was NZMYC, and has been for a number of years. This acronym has been printed on many things over Coastal Classics and other events. Multihull is typically one word.

So after much discussion amongst various parties, the NZMYC will not run a regular race on Friday 27/01/12, however there is going to be an event over the weekend.

Keep your eyes peeled and ready for the details coming very shortly.

Look forward to seeing lots of Multis at Mahurangi at Anniversary weekend.

Many thanks to those who have steeped forward.

Well the new Cat is now tucked up in her berth at Bayswater. Antifoul goes on this week.

I am still keen to do some social racing. I might race the lead swinger in the Richmond winter series until she is sold, though I might also throw the cat at this as well in the three handed no extras (not insured for racing with extras at the moment) or the Friday rum racing.

Any thoughts on where I would be best to race during the winter??

Will look at the SIMRAD series - but need to look at the no extras insurance issue.............

Well the new Cat is now tucked up in her berth at Bayswater...

Maybe I missed it, but did you say what you ended up getting? Where's the pics?

Congratulations! :thumbup:

Archived