Cruiser / racer cat racing

ab1974

I am def interested ...Mahurangi could be an option as I had planned to go away for a "family w/e" anyway - so would be pretty casual ...

I see the Millenium Cup is the w/e 15th -18th Feb ....

Hopefully some interest could be generated...would be great to get a few boats together -as a recent multi convertee I saw only a few boats in the flesh before coming across my current purchase so would be interesting to talk to other owners and see their boats...

Scottie, does the MHYC have a register so you could approach possible entries and invite them along, I've seen this sort of thing work elsewhere but like all events there seems to be a "critical mass" to get them started.

Here is a start, tomorrow looks nice and we plan on heading to Station bay or somewhere like that to have a family day out, get out the windsurfers etc have some fun and do what we were supposed to be doing for two weeks but didn't because the weather was crap.

PM or txt cheers

Bill

I'm happy to do a finish at Mahurangi for the Friday night race if needed. Just let me know. I'm not sure if there is a classic yacht regatta on. One assumes there is, but they have been low key up here if so. I could organise buoys for start if needed, but we can probably use a headland for starts and finishes during the weekend. Yes we have had some great raft ups for this in the past with cruising and racing boats. Looking forward to doing it again!

That looks great!

We just need two of them, and we have a recipe for great racing and camaraderie, beer drinking, then exciting mark rounding, then yelling and protests, then long discussions on this forum. Hang on, where am I going with this... :? :wtf:

Back in the day( God Ihate that term) Maurangi weekend was the cruising event on the Multi calendar, what has happend? has Bay week killed it or is there just no organisation left to kick things along.

I fail to see why the Ausies can race cruising cats but in NZ the worlds best sailors can't.

Sadly the Offender wont be there this year or next year nor the one after that.

The NZMHYC will organise a race to Mahurangi on friday 27/01/12.

A notice of race is to be posted on NZMHYC site in near future.

I hope you will all join the NZMHYC and help it grow, certainly a person to be cruising secretary would be appreciiated.

Suggest we have 1 division, no extras, start northern leading 1830hrs.

Finish off Saddle Island, We will need a finish boat. Tim C is your offer still open?

Suggest a gathering at Bon Accord Sunday for those who come later. Those interested in the Anniversary Day regatta should enter for the race back to Auckland on Monday.

Wow! just when you think the horse is dead, he farts places his hooves on the ground and gamely hits the track once again.

Calling all Cruising Multihulls, Its time to dust off the sails and come out and play, Summer is just around the corner.....I think.

This is a weekend of fun, some alcohol may be involved so bring a soft pillow and plan on enjoying your selves.

Archived