Travel lift in Okahu Bay

ScottiE

Ah... They want to lift boats out????

They were talking a couple of years ago about a lift that ran into the water and collected boats from a pen, Maybe bureaucracy has reached stage two??

A Travel lift was proposed for Hobsonville's new development. It meant the Clubhouse would be demolished. But someone objected to the resource consent for it and so the lift won't be happening now. Strange, I wonder who around there would object??

Professional objecters. No matter what is conceived of or planned, there will always be an objection. Some people just object because it's in their nature to be against anything. We call 'em banana's or nimby's.

...and it doesn't necessarily lead to a project stoppingor failing to proceed or shouldn't if the project was scoped properly, and it can stand on its merits.

Professional objecters. No matter what is conceived of or planned, there will always be an objection. Some people just object because it's in their nature to be against anything. We call 'em banana's or nimby's.

while that is true there is also the aspect of future costs for services that were once marginally affordable now becoming out of reach to the budget boaters, and though the buying power of these is not great they still support the local industries ie chandleries etc and keep them honest

The crazy thing is Wheels, the club was going to get a spanking new clubhouse with tower and all sorts of stuff ... rather than the converted old quonset hut they have now. Meh .... some people just don't like change.

Yeah???? how did you hear that??Is there any info somewhere?? Because as a Club, it seems they know very little. They thought that was the end of the Club Room and no one seems to know anything about it's future. All they are hoping for is that development may still be 2yrs away.

Well, strangely its all gone quiet now and nobody is telling me anything at the moment, but 6 months ago the plans I saw (which were being shown to all interested parties involved through consultation) showed flash new clubrooms for the yacht club closer to the seaplane ramp along with rowing club rooms, rebuilt ferry wharf and pontoons, new launching ramp, tidal steps and all kinds of other stuff.

I didn't take a great deal of notice about that side of things as it was outside my particular area of work, but yeah it looked like it'd be a great improvement in facilities for the yacht club, and the noises the developer was making was all pretty positive for both the yacht club and the rowers.

Archived