New toy

benny14

After all the talk, I've splashed out and got myself a Hobie 16... Took it out for it's first play on the weekend and managed to chuck it on it's side with the girlfriend on board... Not the best introduction but I think she'll come back :thumbup:

Going to be after a few tips and tricks, particularly rig tuning, from anyone who's in the know! Be keen to hear from you. Few pics from the weekend below :D

IMG_0464 small.jpg

IMG_0467 small.jpg

Go and have a look at the NZ Hobie Cat website. There are some set-up and tuning articles there that you may find useful.

Look at

http://www.hobiecat.org.nz/articles/articles.html

If you cant find what you are looking for there ^^^^

Try http://www.hobiecat.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=14

It has been a fantastic source of information on the Hobie 18, I am not sure if the Hobie 16 forum is of the same calibre.

congrats, I can tell you now, They are awesome fun! Although.. looks like your mast needs to be raked back a tad..

Yep was awesome fun on the weekend alright... Haha yep, I did tune it a bit after this photo and before I chucked it in the water, but maybe still not enough... Going to take me a bit of playing around to get used to it... Will read through the Hobie cat website and the forums and see what I can learn :D

congrats, I can tell you now, They are awesome fun! Although.. looks like your mast needs to be raked back a tad..

Yep was awesome fun on the weekend alright... Haha yep, I did tune it a bit after this photo and before I chucked it in the water, but maybe still not enough... Going to take me a bit of playing around to get used to it... Will read through the Hobie cat website and the forums and see what I can learn :D

Its the only way to learn, its the same with any class, Im still trying to find my perfect rake 1 season later in the 3.7! No doubt you will break something .. Most people I know did in their first season..

Archived