How many???

Grinna

OK, so how many pump are aboard your yacht?

I was chatting with a cruising couple and they said by far the biggest service item is pumps. Naively, I asked "Well how many pumps do you have?". After a lively discussion I totted up the pumps onboard our yacht. Turns out we have 15.

2 x toilet pumps

2 x manual bilge pumps

1 x electric bilge pump

1 x electric freshwater pump

1 x manual freshwater pump

1 x seawater galley pump

1 x seawater washdown pump

1 x blackwater tank pump

2 x shower sump pumps

1 x raw water pump

1 x engine coolant pump

1 x engine oil pump

actually ... just thought of 1 more ... the footpump that pumps air into the inflatable part of the dink. So that's 16 in total.

So .... how many pumps have you got?

Three

1) The bellows that inflate the dingy

2) The one that evacuates the head

3) The one that is supposed to pump out water (manual bilge pump)

Unless you count me - sponging out the amas. :lol:

Plus one or two on the outboard Meg.

Ok On the old Tenacity (Think, Thinks, Thinks) - 13. And your friends are right, definitely the biggest maintenance item.

Too good an opportunity to add those you have yet to repair . . .

Fuel Lifting Electric pump

Fuel Primary manual pump in secondary fuel filter

Injector Pump

Stirrup Portable Bilge Pump

and of course the :shh: Pump action shotgun

Plus one or two on the outboard Meg.

Ok On the old Tenacity (Think, Thinks, Thinks) - 13. And your friends are right, definitely the biggest maintenance item.

Oh yeah - forgot about those :D - the one I pump with my foot to fill the hose with fuel, and the one I pull twice to fill the carb with fuel :lol: (How could we forget those!)

So that makes 5 - not 3 on the Offender.

I guess if you want to include the outboard on the dink - then it is 6 'cause I think it has a choke as well ...

The outboard has a seawater pump that draws in seawater to cool the engine (and it has an impeller that needs to be serviced every now and then)

And yes, I forgot about the fuel lift pump and injector pump on the diesel in my initial list of pumps.

The outboard has a seawater pump that draws in seawater to cool the engine (and it has an impeller that needs to be serviced every now and then)

And yes, I forgot about the fuel lift pump and injector pump on the diesel in my initial list of pumps.

Oh dear - so we have two more - the seawater pumps for the two outboards, and a fuel pump for each outboard . . . that means 9 pumps.

Wow.

No wonder we often leave the dink outboard behind and just use the green oars :lol:

2 x electric toilet pumps

1 x manual bilge pumps

3 x electric bilge pump

(did have another 3 electric bilge pumps, but now drain those sump areas to main bilge under engine)

1 x electric freshwater pump

1 x electric seawater galley pump, is also seawater washdown pump.

1 x Electric blackwater tank pump

2 x Electric shower sump pumps

1 x Raw Water pump

1 x engine coolant pump

1 x engine oil pump1 x Electric Raw water pump for Genset

1 x Engine Oil pump for genny

1 x HP Electric pump for water maker (when/if I fit it). Low pressure pump will be the galley/washdown pump.

= 15 plus one pending.

I could include the air pump on the Inflatable :wink: But then if we start talking Air, wife may include me as to moving a lot of Hot air at times.

And when that hot air is evacuated rapidly, is that not a pump? :wtf:

Archived