ProAm Race

Fogg

Its a beautiful day out here but anchored off Bayswater by the pin end there's not a lot of wind... It was 2 kts but the wind indicator has now stopped rotating. Wonder how long the 3 x 20 mins races are going to take.... As we watch Sanya is actually drifting backwards with the tide.

20 mins to the start and most of the fleet are now out drifting around with cockpits weighed down with the 'AM' elements of the ProAm race I'm guessing.

Also v hot. Anchor down. Camera ready. Time for a beer.

Start gun. Still no wind. Looks like Sanya then Groupama then Camper then Puma. Telefonica drifting backwards with no headsail hasn't even crossed line. Abu Dhabi no show.

On rhe upside at least today is good practise for the Southern Ocean...

It's still a drifter. Looks like Tele wasn't quite ready at the gun i.e. they were still 10m away from the line so not worth even trying. They are floating around now ready for 'race' two. Looks like they might have just abandoned it after 30 mins to the top mark...

IMG_8308s.JPG

IMG_8335s.JPG

Yup, race 1 suspended.

And there's something wrong with my camera. Every time I take a pic there is a long blue thing in the image. 2 examples below:

IMG_8336s.JPG

IMG_8343s.JPG

Race control just announced they are waiting a few more mins to see what wind happens otherwise "we will have to take another position."

Whatever that means.

Livestream is sayg they've moved the start line and are hoping for more breeze, but its patchy and they're struggling for breeze across the course.

Archived