Just in time for Easter :-(

Farrari

goto

http://maritimenz.govt.nz/news/media-re ... dium=email

3 April 2012 - 3.30pm

Heavy swells hitting the wreck of the cargo ship Rena have resulted in further containers being released from a hold in the bow section, Maritime New Zealand (MNZ) says.

The Astrolabe Reef is currently being hit with swells of up to 7m, with the heavy seas forecast to persist through the night, and ease tomorrow.

MNZ Tauranga Response and Recovery Manager David Billington said an observation flight this afternoon had confirmed the swells had forced a hatch cover off the number 3 hold in the bow section, and an estimated 10 containers had been released from the same hold.

Good to see MNZ is ahead of the time.... still on day light savings - or a typo

Heavy swells hitting the wreck of the cargo ship Rena have resulted in further containers being released from a hold in the bow section, Maritime New Zealand (MNZ) says.

The Astrolabe Reef is currently being hit with swells of up to 7m, with the heavy seas forecast to persist through the night, and ease tomorrow.

MNZ Tauranga Response and Recovery Manager David Billington said an observation flight this afternoon had confirmed the swells had forced a hatch cover off the number 3 hold in the bow section, and an estimated 10 containers had been released from the same hold.

Good to see MNZ is ahead of the time.... still on day light savings - or a typo

Had to laugh at this:

He advised any boaties out on the water in the Bay of Plenty to take extra care and to observe the 2 nautical mile exclusion zone around the wreck site.

"There is debris in the water and this could cause damage if it comes into contact with your boat.

"Keep a really good lookout, and travel at a safe speed," he said.

Let alone the 7m breaking swell :lol:

Been very quiet on Coastguard Radio today . . .

Another warm, fine and sunny day in Auck. Reasonable SE breeze but nothing untoward.

Maybe Barrier is doable this Easter after all?

I'm now cautiously optimistic about a Barrier run. Sounds like there could be a few of us there, a 2nd splinter group to the main Crew cruise which Ogre is arranging. Wherever I am I'll be flying the Crew penant so keep an eye out.

Not great in Gisborne at the moment! Just had a check on the ferro ferocious racing machine and she's 50mm lower in the water! So is every other vessel of similar size so guess its the fresh waters lack of float.

I'm now cautiously optimistic about a Barrier run. Sounds like there could be a few of us there, a 2nd splinter group to the main Crew cruise which Ogre is arranging. Wherever I am I'll be flying the Crew penant so keep an eye out.

Yeah sounds like we might have a group. Ummm, question though, anyone in this group have a guitar and intend on singing??? :problem:

No I'm way out of practice!

Then Barrier is sounding even better. :wink: All those that want to sing Sea Shanties can go to Woody Bay and those that don't can turn up at The Barrier :wink: :lol:

Archived