GP 26 Is this the next Class Boat

Agent X

Ha Knot me your a comedian :D

Now I've had quite enuff of that shite today please, you are the 3rd one and quite frankly it's knot good enough. It's YOU'RE knot your........ Consider yourself warned ;)

Yes I do get your poorly spelt point. The 950 is quite a bit larger than the 26 and tacking on 19% isn't quite the way to do it. I now consider myself corrected ;)

Just thinking Mr Infiltrator that there will be one or 2 Regs, maybe more, that would take a tickle on the boat to meet they probably aren't that huge. I was more thinking that 26ft isn't a large space to put and carry a lot of the required gear. At Cat 3 lots of stuff becomes 'fitted' rather than 'carried'. A Cat 2 steps up again and I think that would be a struggle. Just thinking it would be well worth running thru the check to make sure you could get Cat 3 as you need at least that for a CC. Start with the motor, technically outboards aren't Cat 3 legal.... but sort of can be depending on their install, like mine is a inboard outboard which is OK but an outboard outboard isn't.

If I wanted to go to Fiji or similar I would want to go on something with an oven, a decent place to kip and a fridge for beer. Actually maybe go on something that doesn't tip so much so the gin and tonic doesn't spill :lol:

Good timing I think, there appears to be a sale on :lol:

post-646-141887204732.png

ahr the old cement pill. When Warren and Simon owned CU we would sail with four or five, for the coastal it was four to allow for all the kit. now smaller rafts etc are availible. Wet ride one year bashn into it most of the way.

or a 770, I might be biased but having owned and Elliott 7.9 and now 770 the 770 is a huge step up in performance and the 770 is the best balanced boat i have ever sailed. if only they had made a 30-35ft version....

What about the Elliott 1050?

Guest Saturday Night Special

The 1050 would have to be the worst boat I have ever driven 2 sail reaching the thing tries to rip your arm off If Idrew it i would shoot myself .

Cat 3 is piece of cake. It is only $ and time. In some ways Cat 3 is more lenient that NZTYA Cat A.

I did all this a while back with the Dibley 8m Supergroove. The biggest mistake I made was the transom outboard so I was never going to be able to get Cat 2. Now White Island is Cat 3 so that isn't an issue.

With the little boats drag is the issue. Dry sailing is far faster in the long run. Also with the lift keel you can put it away for a while if house renovations, kids, overseas transfers kick in.

The bigger the cabin the more you have to cut your jibs and run barber haulers. Also a little more windage. If you are going one off I'd recommend a little more freeboard than the overseas boats.

Archived