New Ride

Battleship

Nice boat :thumbup:

Interested to know your experiance with recently selling and purchasing a new boat. First, how long did it take you to sell your cav? And did you decide to sell the cav for less because you found the boat you really wanted?

You don't have to answer if you don't want to, just interested in what the process was like for you selling and buying in this market.

Hi R780 we were looking at selling the Cav for a while and I am avid tradeMe checker and boat sales brochure reader of many years so had a good idea of what the Cav was worth but didn't list it until we found out a certain boat I have liked since I was a very young came up for sale at a reasonable price.

We only had the Cav listed for a week but the right buyer saw it at the right time and she surveyed really well with nothing to cause a prospective buyer any concern.

So basically a realistic price with lucky timing and a good tidy boat worked for me, but I do feel pretty lucky despite losing a lot of money on the boat we are buying again in the same market so it's not such a big deal.

Going for a sea trial with winds at 25 gusting 30 and biggish seas put an ear to ear grin on the dial of the prospective buyer which always helps.

Thanks willow. Sounds like you were pretty realistic and lucky :thumbup:

I am thinking of doing the same thing (on a smaller scale :wink: ) soon and your post gave me a little more confidence

I want to wait for the right boat before listing mine. Hers hoping I have the same luck :thumbup:

Have fun going for a sale this weekend.

Congrats Will! Looking forward to seeing you out there.

Hoping to get out into clear water tomorrow afternoon. If you are out there, we may see you.

Have a great first time out anyway.

M

Archived