Yacht thief sails into jail

Grinna

that property theft was unacceptable ..

and when property is stolen everyday, seems strange he picks that to show the strong deterrent.

Weird story though. The guy steals a Car in CHCH and drives to Picton, then steals a boat and tries to sail back to CHCH. Maybe he was trying to through the sent by doubling back and using the water. :wink:

Well,if it was my yacht I'd want to see the bugger swinging from a yardarm. Clearly i'm out of step with the rest of society and more in the same political spectrum as Ghengis khan and Attila the Hun. :) :D :lol:

Well,if it was my yacht I'd want to see the bugger swinging from a yardarm. Clearly i'm out of step with the rest of society and more in the same political spectrum as Ghengis khan and Attila the Hun. :) :D :lol:

No! you are right. it's just the low levels of punishment the other crims get that is out of tune with what we expect and used to get..

This theft was punished very low on the scale of things yet murderours get of with light jail terms by comparison.

I think they do this to keep the jails from overfiling. In fact i think i read some where the Judge has na up to date list of jail occupancy he refers to when sentencing. :crazy:

Archived