Edlin Yachts - any good??

ballystick

I used to sail on Tough n go (previously Redshift I think). roughly 10m tri with very wide cente hull. Lots of room below and sail quite well, but not a rocket ship. excellent cruiser/racer. Always felt very safe even when the bows were stuffed into the back of a wave (too big a gennaker up at the time).

Like most multi's best speed acheived two sail reaching... just over 20knots.

Good strong boat. She's for sale in Nelson......

Timb

Andy.

Richard is an experienced designer builder. Voodoo has been well loved with good owners. She is more at the cruisey end of the 35 foot market but scoots in a breeze. PM me or give me a call and I can give you an update.

Anyone know what VL went for in the end. I also thought it was a nice looking boat - seemed to be on the market for a hang of a long time.

Crewcial Fix is owned by Jeff Maddren, he and Helen are based at Ballini Rise West Hbr. Ph.416 9827. They have not been using her much lately, she is on "D" pier Westpark.

It went to Tga - yeah!! but not too me boo!! for $120k. I needed to sell my boat, but there's always next time.

The boat had it's first sail on Sunday - windy etc. - conservatively canvassed but owners happy with it. It has amazing space inside and quality fittings - I still like it.

yer it looks like most designers get into more cruisey boats as they age , I heard that he is into bridge and tapestry now , Mixed emotions , was a goodie , anyone that say's that his boats are ugly is a dick

His 35 pilot house is for sale. I bet that is a wolf in sheeps clothing. It would be an excellent no extras or rum racer. As I recall he built the hull as a racer to follow on from the Voodoo / Crewcial boats, then couldn't sell it so finished it as a cruiser for himself.

Someone probably has more accurate info - BK?

That boat is very functional and looks OK in the photos but in real life its looks unbalanced, not nice like VL, probably a bit short to be a pilothouse. It has amazing visibility and features but has things such as runners, non swept back spreaders, 100 hp engine and a deepish keel. It's called Rebb'l

Archived