A-Class vs Tornado? What you think?

OOOH goody I know this one will polarise the frat :!: :?: :!:

Hmmm I think I use too many smileys..... :wtf: :oops:

Looking for new challenge :!:

So which would be equally fun? I think having the tornado on those tilt trailers brings out the "oh f*ck that looks big" frame of mind, just for towing jewellery kicks :lol: :lol:

I await your unbias opinion... :thumbup: :wave:

Big difference is a pretty open development class vs one design?

I would go with the best NZ fleet - which mighr well swing it fo rthe A Class (don't need to mess with crew either)

A Class sailors are a dedicated bunch and the class is pretty strong, but if the issue is challenge then there is no question - singlehanded with spinnaker on trapeze is the ultimate...

Green%20Bay%202009%20220.jpg

OOOH goody I know this one will polarise the frat :!: :?: :!:

Hmmm I think I use too many smileys..... :wtf: :oops:

Looking for new challenge :!:

So which would be equally fun? I think having the tornado on those tilt trailers brings out the "oh f*ck that looks big" frame of mind, just for towing jewellery kicks :lol: :lol:

I await your unbias opinion... :thumbup: :wave:

In NZ the best cat racing is probably Hobie 16's.

there is no real Tornado sailing at all, and the A's and PT are still pretty strong.

The Tornado is a Grand Prix race cat, one of the very fastest on the planet.

Needs two guys to sail it properly.

Will be way faster and more exciting off the wind than an "A".

My opinion is probably highly bias here but I couldn't resist saying something.

The strongest catamaran fleet at the moment would most definitely have to be the Paper Tiger!!!

The following fleet sizes are an indication of just how strong the class is:

2010 Nationals in Napier: 46 Entries

2010 North Islands in Turangi: 45 Entries

2010 Internationals in Napier: 40 Entries (including 11 Aussie Boats).

So if it is strong fleet racing that you are after you really can't look to much further!!

There aren't too many classes (especially cat classes) around the country that can claim fleets that size!!

A new old A-class has just moved in by my place and its effing cool! Bright orange machine. I would go the tornada cos I like the genny, but then i would need a mate... as yes singling on the wire with the kite would be a less than 10kts trick.

A tornado is my next machine once i find a mate sorry money sorry time :thumbup: I got by the water, rigged storage sorted tho.

B_Par,

Sorry couldn't resist... :lol: :lol:

Does the orange demon have a "4 sale" sign on it?, Don't want to be lurking round davvyport after work looking at it, already quite dark round there at night - good for the light fingered fiend! incognito :D

yes singling on the wire with the kite would be a less than 10kts trick.
FWIW I have watched the guy in the photo above do that in at least 20. Admittedly I thought he was mad, but he is good at what he does.

Just get a moth and have the best of both worlds, easy to store light to handle, and just as fast in the right hands.

Kevin Hall can beat the top Tornados and Rohan Veal use to waste the top A Classes.

I'll go duck for cover!!

Nah no for sale sign... Its belongs to a high level Oracle designer, so if ya nick it, chances are he wont notice for at least a month..

The deal for storage does not include any stolen boats :wink: Especially when its my neighbours, and its a rather unmistakeable colour :lol: :lol:

Between races? nah uh - the tramp is for having a breather after the trek from bwater to the habour bridge, before ya turn around and take almost 2 minutes to get back... :thumbup:

But with a moth you can't lie around on the tramp eating sandwiches between races. :lol:

yup, waiting around between races on a moth sux sometimes!

Gents,

I'll be skippering a "twin turbo'd" Hobie 16 on Thursday out taka (Stay out of the way of the charging rhino), will be giving the multis a run for their $$$$$ :lol: :thumbup:

Voom & SJB might say something here.... :clap:

Carbon Mast / Tornado Mainsail / Std issue gib and twin traps! :lol: :clap:

Special mention to voom - for added vrooooooom :wink: (mast & tornado sail)

BP,

Just casually park it in your drive after a month has elapsed with new paint job (red makes boats faster) and deny all knowledge of where you got it from...say the sth isl...

Red boats are always at the front of the pack, why else would you paint a ferrari red...

Archived