RO membranes

wheels

I have been crash coursing myself in watermaking. But I was rather shocked with the cost of the RO membrane from the water maker suppliers. So I did a little looking into what they cost in the US and was stunned at how cheap they were there. Like around the NZ$800'ish dollars here and only $NZ$162 in the US. I am trying to work out what I am missing.

I always seem to be missing any numbers that come after that funny squigly sign $. I wonder if it is the same issue I have with not seeing the Youtube clips posted on here.

wheels have these off the shelf I think but I will check in the morning. You can buy Dow's but we don't have these off the shelf rather Vontron or Lanxess. They are exact copies anyhow and will give you the same performance. I will pm you details in the morning or pm me your email address and I'll send data sheets and info through.

I have been crash coursing myself in watermaking. But I was rather shocked with the cost of the RO membrane from the water maker suppliers. So I did a little looking into what they cost in the US and was stunned at how cheap they were there. Like around the NZ$800'ish dollars here and only $NZ$162 in the US. I am trying to work out what I am missing.

Membranes have a shelf life before being put into service and NZ doesn't really turn over enough of them to justify having a large stock, hence the higher prices here.

Tim, as agreed I want my $500 commission deposited into my offshore account immediately upon you achieving a sale. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Before I knew anything about the things, I ran Tap water through the machine and didn't realise Chlorine was an enemy to the filters. Also the unit was second hand and I have no idea of age or use, so probably best to get a new one anyway.

Cheers Pete - I'll be in your old haunt next week - up in Fiji working on the Desals and installing a new one.

Wheels - the main problem here is airfreight, and of course mark up. I have them off the shelf - Dow's and can do em for you @ $ 265 plus GST

How does that sound?

Tim

That sounds awesome. I understand the freight and the volume thing and so on, but the prices I was told up here are way above reasonable. The only thing I can think of is that the cost perhaps includes the housing. that is the only thing I can think of.

Anyway, I'll send you a PM.

Archived