2013/2014 Gold Cup "Passage" Series

Aussie

Clubs-Working-TOGETHER.jpg

Akarana, Richmond, Squadron and Bucks had a great meeting last night planning for the 2013/2014 Gold Cup Passage Series.

The format will be very similar to last years successful series which had 29 entries with even more casuals for day races.

The NOR should be out within a couple of weeks and will include the courses.

This series will include a short handed division with a max of 3 crew on board. The more entries this series receives means all four clubs taking part will benefit.

Yes that's right, clubs are working together!

Standby for more!

Clubs working together sounds awesome! Finally all those people who have said the clubs need to work together to build the bigger fleets, have something to enter and get involved with!

The current setup of the event looks great and hopefully it will attract a record number this year to enjoy the fantastic racing around cool courses that the 4 clubs are putting on.

Bring it on - Looks like a good series, and was last year!

1314GOLDCUP-500.jpg

Welcome back - NEXUS!!!

Nexus-logo-550.jpg

Nexus are back on board as sponsors of the 2013/2014 Nexus Gold Cup Passage Series!!! The event last season was a huge success and we are hoping to offer our awesome sponsor the same and better for this season.

It's time to get your entries in so visit http://www.goldcup.co.nz for the Notice of Race and online entry!

Head injuries, Broken arm above the elbow (I am told).

Akatea went into Gulf Harbour to enable the casualty to be taken to hospital.

No other word as yet.

Interesting day out there. even for the race committee

How others see us. Personally I'm comfortable with them racing, individual skippers made their choices, some went, some stayed home. Some great pictures coming out

How others see us. Personally I'm comfortable with them racing, individual skippers made their choices, some went, some stayed home. Some great pictures coming out

There's only one of them saying "stupid" and he probably doesn't appreciate that Akatea is cat 1 (or pretty near) and should be able to deal with the conditions - but anyway they are entitled to their opinions.

So Far I believe the gold cup this year has been epic with some solid breeze and lots of big rides lets hope it continues .

The Akatea incident yesterday was very unlucky but the crew as a whole Team delt with the situation very well and it was impressive how quick the boat was stopped and turned back for medical help .

I would hate to have seen that happen offshore as it was Brutal.

Good luck with the recovery and lets hope stu is back on the water soon.

meanwhile at the rear of the fleet. we had a fantastic ride :crazy: to tiri and then to the hay stack. knot little boat conditions for the beat home from emu point, however the little Beep Beep performed extremely well. a small issue with a runner block letting go cost us a respectable finish time. Still, managed to finish 1/2 hour ahead of the first 727. Great racing in testing conditions. :thumbup: hope we get some little boat conditions soon. :think:

Archived