3.45m max beam

2.25m draft

4000kg in race trim

2000kg fixed ballast

27m^2 wetted surface

38.2m^2 main

44m^2 genoa

Sprit and gennaker still to be determined

Didi 40? The radius chine and plywood is a bit of signature.

maybe :)

You guys are no fun, you all guess things correctly too quickly...

We'll stick with the heads forward à la 38, and use the extra cabin space aft for more important things.

Aiming to be as light and strong as possible and working out the sheathing schedule... re glass/carbon/kevlar etc.

If it was me I would stick with the aft head. More useable underway and good storage area aft and good for wet gear. Also less disruptive when people go there at night. My last 2 boats both had that arrangement and I have seriously considered changing the present one but it is a bit of a major.

Yeah, the where to position the heads discussion has been going on for quite some time actually.

As I don't usually spend much time in the bathroom, I'm hoping to minimize the space it takes up. But I do realise that it's far nicer to have a cat-swinging space for ablutions. My main gripe where it is, aft, is that it kind of blocks effective internal access to the stb 1/4. meaning that a space which could make a good single pilot berth is blocked.

We want as few openings to the outside as possible, meaning we would rather have internal 1/4 access than a number of cockpit lazarette hatches. one lazarette hatch is enough to worry about in heavy weather.

Thoughts?

R

We just had a large opening through the toilet area and used that space for sails, ropes, wet stuff and general stowage. Keeps the wet stuff out of the rest of the boat also and dripping wet sailors dont have to tramp right through the boat. I don't like deck openings to inside either. As for sleeping I think at sea the best place is in the middle of the boat with least motion. The quarter berths tend to be noisy with people moving around in the cockpit, talking and adjusting sails and winding winches.

Given the last boat. I'd assumed a Dix . :D

That is one sweet looking boat, lovely sheer and it even looks similar to what we're used to here, a bit of Davidson in the sheer and bow profile, a bit of Mull in the cabin windows. As you know , I'm a sucker for that look. Very nice.

In my limited offshore experience I can see where I'd be sleeping between watches. On the sole between the galley and the nav station. Comfy.

Thanks John,

Yes, we're hoping she comes out looking the part but also with that little bit of something special. What all builders and owners of new boats wish for, I guess.

The sheer is just enough sweep for us, and we'll keep the scoop a little shorter to make her fit in under 12m. The cost jump for things +12m here in EU is interesting, as are the changes in legislation at this size.

Won't be ready this year, though...

Archived