After swerving several times

wheels

Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if that pic is a Photoshop. It just doesn't seem quite right to me. If there is a Lighthouse, then there surely would be rocks around and why would the Boat be up so close. Plus the website I found it on had several articles that I reckon are rather dubious. So it might be one of those websites that spoof News stories rather than report anything Accurate.

For starters, the lighthouse is close to the sea at high tide, maybe a hundred meters or so. But indeed your collective legs have been pulled. None of Paul Allen's yachts are named Zune (reference to a not too well received iPod competitor from Microsoft, no longer on the market but introduced well after Mr. Allen ceased his Microsoft affiliation). The yacht in the photo does look like the superstructure of Octopus. There are at least two others as well. Then there's the length mentioned. 128 feet is large, but not mega-yacht size, less than 40 meters. Octopus is about 140 meters, though most in the USA would not relate to that measure. Finally, seeking restitution from Kitsap County would be pointless. The lighthouse is in the county, but it's owned by the US Coast Guard, these days a branch of the US Department of Homeland Security. Nobody messes with them. They run around in 6.5 meter RIBs with .50 caliber machine guns on the bow.

Of course, no one has mentioned that that website is well known for being a satire website, kind of like the onion...

What?! You mean the Hansville Ku Klux Klan AREN'T going christmas caroling after all?

Archived