Kawau Night Race needs to be renamed

I'd have thought it would make sense to start the slow boats first, and the fast boats last.

Think that one is an unanswerable question.

There would be as many crews from both sides who feel that the process of the fast boats finding a way to roll over the slow boats is detrimental to everyone's experience.

The were inconsistent though. The keelboats started in order or slowest to fastest. but the multis went first.

Try and find logic in that.

Just seems like a case of the squadron getting 'the pesky mulits out of the way for the real boats'

When the multi fleet started sailing in RNZYS events 3-4 years ago the multi division started last in the wednesday night series and the winter series.

That meant that they were inevitably sailing through the slower boats in the fleet which lead to complaints by multis about keelers getting in the way and vice verca (and on wednesday sailing around in the dark).

This lead to multis being first division to start.

I suspect that this is why the multis went first on Friday as they did last year.

Whether the starts in the summer series are rejigged to put the mutis last will be for the sailing committee to decide. It would assist the race committee at kawau who wouldn't have such a long down time betweent the first boat finishing and the last.

So they did it from habit, and didn't think about how it SHOULD be done. It makes sense to send them away first on wednesdays, not so much for passage races where the course length is the same for all.

Jeeze the poor old squaddy just can't please some people aye.

They and us 'unproper' boats welcome the multi's into the programme and all you get from some sectors of the multi's is whinge whinge whinge

Courses are too long, courses are too short, we want to start first , we want to start last, the 'leaners leadmines unproper boats' get in the way blah blah blah

The idea that the squaddy sent the multi's away first to get 'rid of those pesky multi's' and that the rest of us leaners just live to see a multi go sailing past is very very funny!!

Maybe you should ask TVS what they wanted on Friday night, I bet they would have wanted first use of the breeze and clear water ahead.

Us unproper baots enjoy you guys on the water and have had to change our practices as well particulalry at starts and the multi raft up at the top mark, I have never heard a leaner complain but we all get plenty of attitude and abuse from some sectors of the multi's, although from the top end of the multi fleet we get only consideration and sportsmanship.

Maybe you guys that are so unhappy should start your own yacht club and run your own races

Marshy, wasnt it one of your leana passenger mates who complained in the first place?

We were pretty happy we didnt have to check the prod when we got there for 1/4 tonners, just had to watch out for slow moving launches on the way.

oh and by the way, we dont need to start a YC, we are taking over the Squaddy havent you noticed. To become the RNZMYC!!!!!

Great ride, good night out.

haha DD yep well as usual you multi boys are getting your expectations mixed up with your capabilities and given the size of Bull's ego won't the take over of the squaddy result in a name change to BMYCRNZ

Couple of more clips and we could have seen the whole trip Paddy

:lol: Yeah, I need to ask Disco to keep 'em short and sweet, problem is he loves watching himself on camera!

Archived