LVPS 2010?

Fogg

What did it produce? Did you miss the 90x90 Trimaran that can do 22 knots in 2 knots of breeze? I'd call that something worthwhile. Ok, so the racing was crap, but this brought hard sails to the fore, and we will see more of them, for starters.

Here's another tip - they want to turn it into a media circus - then as someone else has already posted - start the races in anything from 1-30 kn.

Racing cancelled today - forecast 25kn - I'm looking out the window and it looks glorious and not a whitecap in sight.

If your boat isn't capable of racing in 25kn that is your problem, build a stronger boat and htfu.

Two 90ft tris with hard sails, that may have been worth watching :D

Bimbo Bingle is worth watching as well but it wouldn't take long before that got boring unless you added a Bosworth and a video or at least got to play with one of them, even better both of them?

I.e just how long can you watch a boat sail without yawning or adding another so it became a race or you get to have a drive?

Guest Brucey
Two 90ft tris with hard sails, that may have been worth watching :D

Bimbo Bingle is worth watching as well but it wouldn't take long before that got boring unless you added a Bosworth and a video or at least got to play with one of them, even better both of them?

I.e just how long can you watch a boat sail without yawning or adding another so it became a race or you get to have a drive?

Yea imagine a couple of these out there having a real race yesterday. 20knts up hill at 42deg true, 30-35knts at 135 off the wind. The lead changing every puff and none of those silly poles to f*ck with.

That would have been worth watching. Spectacular.

SloopJB, maybe if you want to watch mach racing, you should promote it in PT's as they are class and would ensure close racing.

only 2 pages of dribble after 2 weeks of international sailing in this country is unbelievable :roll: , oh and by the way ETNZ won the event :clap:

Went out on saturday to have a look. Saw AC out there. The highlight of the day was watching 888 sailing around. And the sail home to north head from the course.

Fun day on the water, but all I thought about was how slow and dull the boats and the racing was. Not many tacks, some dull prestart dribbling around and the hullspeed runs, hoping you might get a gust the other guy doesn't.

No disrespect to ETNZ, they did a great job and sailed well (after just squeaking in to the final), but the boats need an overhaul if I'm to have any interest in the cup racing again.

I was out both days - saw AC with the Crew.org flag flying proudly.

Besides the fact that it seemed like they could easily have fitted more races in yesterday, I enjoyed it. Close racing, short, sharp legs - I liked it. Perhaps one more upwing/downwind per race may have been better as the races were relatively short.

Here goes.

They need to make some changes to keep the event alive. At the moment it is one bunch of paid sailors racing another bunch of paid sailors.

I think it is obvious they will go with whatever boats are chosen for the AC - good.

Then they should bring back nationality requirements - at least for the crew. Think State of Origin. AC has lost them, here's a chance to bring them back and breathe some life into this series.

Really who cares if Aleph beats Artemis? But The Kiwis against the Poms............

Archived