I would appreciate your views

Scoma

I met him a couple of times and he was a hell of a nice guy with a fairly quiet and unassuming nature. Whitebait was his own boat.

I would possibly have a lead on tracking him down if it was vital to anyone.

Whats Murray Ross & Laurie Davidson doing?

Whats Murray Ross & Laurie Davidson doing?

Don't know about Laurie but Murray is working on his tan in Fiji. They've bought a place next to Vuda and keep Isis there when not out enjoying her.

Laurie is in Auckland and I believe is still doing some design work.

He's getting on a bit now (he'd hit me for saying that though) and is profoundly deaf so finds communicating with people a bit of a challenge.

Just remember, the best 2 days of owning a boat is when you buy it, and when you sell it, so unless you get it for a good price, a relatively unknown boat design is hard to sell, unless you sell it for a song. (So buy it for a song to allow for it.)

Just remember, the best 2 days of owning a boat is when you buy it, and when you sell it, so unless you get it for a good price, a relatively unknown boat design is hard to sell, unless you sell it for a song. (So buy it for a song to allow for it.)

So you have never had a good day using your boats? or?... you have never owned one?

Stewart 34 on Trademe for a similar price to the 88...listing says new engine and winches although the gear and interior is quite to the same standard as the White.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Boats-marine/Yachts-sail-boats/Moored-boats/auction-265908257.htm

The Stewarts seem to be incredible value these days - does no-one want a timber boat any more?

Stewart 34 on Trademe for a similar price to the 88...listing says new engine and winches although the gear and interior is quite to the same standard as the White.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Boats-marine/Yachts-sail-boats/Moored-boats/auction-265908257.htm

The Stewarts seem to be incredible value these days - does no-one want a timber boat any more?

They are good value if you're prepared to do the work / upkeep.

Timber + poor upkeep + freshwater = work and $$$

People these days want easy or they'll try something else. :crazy:

I know this boat and I know the guy who owns it. He is definitely a cruiser. He'd put the mainsail up maybe once a year so she hasn't had a hard life since he's owned her. He's done heaps of work on her and she's fitted out really nicely inside. Very comfortable.

Archived