Westhaven ??

I think Westhaven should mark some parking spaces a long the dock and have some parking meters there.

If you want to use the dock and your not a plie morning renter then you put $2(or what seems fair) in per hour and a little flag comes up on the machine and its clear you have paid.

Every pile mooring boat gets a sticker or something that entitles them to use the dock???

Seems it would save a lot of fuss?

For a quick picking up/dropping off gear/people an alternative might be use the boat ramp docks at Westhaven.

They are a bit short of depth on a low-low tide but we could get in and out of there with a 2m keel 95% of the time. Hug Z peir on the way in and you should be fine. Clearly they are there for the pulbic to use.

Not really suitable for tying up for any length of time thou, but weekdays are pretty quiet.

Actually there is a question, how does the insurance work for all the fizz boats coming and going? Westhaven certinally isn't checking they have insurance. One rule for them and another for us? I've personally had more damage from these fizz boats inflicted on my boat while moored in Westhaven than from berth holders and non-berth holders.

No reply as yet, seems like the E-mail reply team is not as on to it as the security department!

Maybe they think it or I will go away.

"That would be silly"

Will keep you posted,

Cheers Pete

Pete the lack of a timely response from the marina management to your request for information could in fact be the product of their PR spin doctors advising them to not engage on these matters at all.

Based on past example the first response of PR spin is to ignore all requests for information quickly followed by a urgent call to the legal beagles to ensure that no negative exposure or culpability exists.

Yep that self serving and demonstrably rule breaking detour to Westhaven Marina that you took could in fact have many many peoples running around figuring out how best to mitigate this matter.

Long story short do not hold your breath expecting any reply at all.

Yes thanks for that Priscilla, I feared that they would try the ignore card.

Just sorting out the next move,Any Ideas? Happy to listen and concider everything.

Can we have a show of hands for a protest flotilla please.

Cheers Pete :D

Often in resource consent their is the provision for public access. May or may not be there. They will not want to publicise it or enforce it. I would assume they would not own the water or foreshore of the marina. They will own the pontoons poles etc, and have full rights and management access to look after their assets. But what conditions have they had to trade to put their marina there?

Pete, protests need to have clear and precise definitions where one can hitch grievances.

Your recent experiences at Westhaven have on this forum produced a variety of responses.

Some seem to think that the "user" should pay as they do and your actions are nothing but one of a free loader.

Others view the miserable and petty responses to your simple requests with nothing but distain.

This could in fact be a Titanic struggle between historical adversaries.

In one corner the Sea Dwellers and Users Association representing the free spirited, forever helpful to a fault and considerate sailor folk. :thumbup:

In the other corner the Land Lubbers Profit Before People Corporation that represents the mean of spirit and hard of heart. :thumbdown:

Things I know:

LLPBPC members can never become SDUA members as both opposing groups float on separate tides of intention and reason.

The SDU Assoc possesses the chart that holds the exact coordinates to the moral high ground and this course can only be journeyed by their members.

The Sestral compass that is used in the journey to the high moral ground is not for sale on Trademe.

Hopefully everyone commenting had lodged a submission for the Westhaven development plan? It's the one chance people had to actually make a difference.

Hi Guys, I have been doing some research as to our rites at X pier.

What I need is for anyone that has had dealings with West Haven security guards similar to my dealings.

Especialy when you have been told that the public are not allowed to use X pier.

Please post here.

Cheers Pete :D

Can anyone decipher the last sentence?

"If there is a real need to visit and skippers identify themselves on the entry to the marina and make clear the purpose, we are more than happy to try to accommodate their needs."

"If there is a real need to visit and skippers identify themselves on the entry to the marina and make clear the purpose, we are more than happy to try to accommodate their needs."

If you need to visit, give us a shout when you're arriving and we'll see what we can do.

Part of the council bylaw gives the public right to access westhaven. You may not block a fairway, nor use (eg tie up) to any private structure. I think he is right! The council is overstepping their rights!

Archived