71 replies to this topic

#51 Gillian

Gillian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:25 PM

Hi Nagy et all.

Yes happy to have further info to add to the site especially if to do with design and construction or projects.  Please note that I am singularly lazy and it may take time to get stuff up!  Perhaps it will give me the incentive to document the improvements I have made to Smile.

I have been living aboard Smile for the last two years plus and I am effectively self sufficient for most things, TV, Computer, Refrigeration etc, and although there is never enough space to mount solar panels and that wind generators are so stupid noisy I wont have one, I do supplement with the engine as needed while cruising especially after 2 or three days without good sun.

While in the Marina with shore power there is no problem of course and the use of my microwave and hair dryer becomes practical.  I also have broadband available.

I intend being on an extended cruise through out the sounds/Durville/Nelson/Able Tasman area over the post Christmas and until whenever the weather packs it in following new year.

Edited by Gillian, 15 August 2017 - 06:28 PM.

#52 nagy592

nagy592

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:02 AM

Hi Gillian this is already an amazing story, so congratulations. You just showed another perspective of the Nova... Laziness, hmmm "we" are lot more lazy as none of us done anything like you so don't be shy to take the credit for it. By the way your site was the only source when I was thinking about to buying Waimanu (II) so I much appreciate the effort what you put in and helped me to make a (now proven) good decision. That's why I feel important to add further information and extra details of modifications, or improvements (these things are pretty subjective so everything is from the owners point of view) to help others to make their own calls... Anyway I'm just off work to make fine adjustments on the dodger, before I get it ready for installation, so this will be the first time when I put it to the boat... I'm so excited (and nervous as well) to see how is my plan works... I'll post some pictures later on today.

#53 Myjane

Myjane

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 10:57 PM

There is a real nice rebuild on one down the wieti in a shed , check it out

#54 BMW56

BMW56

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:45 AM

Some brand new Nova 28 sails on TradeMe this morning.

http://www.trademe.c...-1399355427.htm

#55 nagy592

nagy592

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 11:17 AM

Thanks BMW56, and the plus is, it is listed by the winner of the "friendliest seller of the month". 

#56 BMW56

BMW56

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:40 PM

He's certainly not keen to measure them!

#57 nagy592

nagy592

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 04:53 AM

https://www.trademe....x?id=1456286607

This is quite fresh decision, I think I'm sure about it.

#58 BMW56

BMW56

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 04:05 PM

This is quite fresh decision, I think I'm sure about it.

So what's the plan? Bigger? Faster? Newer?

#59 Sabre

Sabre

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 04:23 PM

I think I'm sure about it.

Translates to I am really torn and confused about this decision?

#60 nagy592

nagy592

Advanced Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 04:50 PM

So what's the plan? Bigger? Faster? Newer?

Almost... bigger, slower (I think) and probably newer. I was thinking to give it a shot, I don't have to sell, I don't need the money. If she not sell, I'll still be happy so not much to loose. Am I crazy?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users