Waszp, any input?

I'm not that impressed to be honest.

First impressions is that they look amazing but... 

They seem pretty fragile and actually not that fast unless blast reaching in flat water.

I can beat a wasp upwind in 10- 15 knots single handing my javelin by sailing much higher and the Nacra 5.5 absolutely takes them apart upwind and downwind in a breeze.

The wishbone boom doesn't actually seem to work very well. They have just got new larger foils which might make them quicker and I believe they are working on the reliability issues.

I have several friends with them and get mixed reviews.

Quite a few people have sold out of the class.

Now Moth's that's a different story these things are blindingly fast, upwind and downwind. You seem to be able to get a reasonable moth for around 15-20k. 

Thanks Phil, it seems most of the NZ boats were amongst the first 200 built, now over 700 so that might explain the early breakages.

I’ve seen a few on the market but snapped up pretty quick. I know of 5 sold in the past few weeks.

A moth would be a lot quicker but well over twice the price and by reports much harder to sail.

The new foil is out now which by reports transforms the boat considerably

I guess I’ll find out